Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

A quick DIY question/recommendation for drywall fixings.

alanfp

Hi

I can't be the only person in the UK who wants to hang a picture on a hollow plasterboard wall, but I'm struggling to find the right fixings to use.

All of the fixings I see for sale at DIY stores etc. show a means of fixing SOMETHING to the wall, i.e. they rely on the screw being tightened 'home'.  That is not what I need - I want to leave the head of the screw 3-5 mm out from the wall so that I can hang the picture.

I want to hang a weight of around 10kg, so they don't have to be particularly heavy duty.

Any recommendations please???

I use the metal anchors that use a setting tool to expand it behind the board, once fixed in place the bolt head can be left out a bit. I haven't used in your scenario but have used them to mount a coat hook bar to which I hang my motorbike jacket and trousers on to (heavy) as well as all my other coats. And also some supports for holding my road bike on the wall.

I have this kit HERE although bought ages ago and cheaper from Homebase, though any of that type of anchor is the same and you don't need a setting tool, but it makes it easier.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Tizer said:

I use this type, mainly because they are quick and simple

They sound like the ones for me then! 

Thank you.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club