Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Repair advice please

Wespro

Hi all please could I get some advice whether the photos below showing a hole constitutes an MOT fail. Please note I’m asking for thoughts and don’t hold anyone to account if incorrect advice is given , I value some input. I have a hole the size of a hand on the OUTER sill , drivers side rear at the base of the wheel arch. The chassis behind the sill is unaffected. Does this constitute an MOT fail ? I’ve no idea re is it 30cm from a restraint point etc etc 

car is fiesta auto 2007 with 60k and rest of car is immaculate so not wanting to get rid

many thanks for any input 

EF9A9870-87FA-4583-BDAC-B995B437A5BF.jpeg

0842F7FE-96F4-4850-A4DD-7D76D0DAA240.jpeg

D4FD67E4-A885-49AF-B261-C69373F442CC.jpeg

That's an immediate fail for sharp edges before even considering structural integrity.

Correct repair is to plate & weld it.  Though due to the UK MOT loophole, you would probably get away with gaffer taping over it.

• Like 2

On 1/20/2024 at 12:44 PM, TomsFocus said:

That's an immediate fail for sharp edges before even considering structural integrity.

Correct repair is to plate & weld it.  Though due to the UK MOT loophole, you would probably get away with gaffer taping over it.

Thank you for your advice , my intention is to repair as the rest of the car is amazing …. Are you saying I can just get some tape and cover the hole or do you mean keep hole exposed but tape the edges !! ? Thanks 

11 hours ago, Wespro said:

Thank you for your advice , my intention is to repair as the rest of the car is amazing …. Are you saying I can just get some tape and cover the hole or do you mean keep hole exposed but tape the edges !! ? Thanks 

You'd have to tape right over the hole.  MOT testers aren't allowed to remove tape.

However, if you're getting it repaired anyway, then better to do that before MOT than risk a fail IMO.

• Thanks 1

It's a feature for Ford LOL

• Haha 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club