Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Flashing knackered screen

JoanneGalaxy
聽Share

Hi everyone 馃憢

My centre console screen is flashing and knackered. Started doing it occasionally but now it's all the time.

Anyone know anyone in the Midlands region who would fix this? I literally can't find anyone who will touch it.

Local ford told me to.update it see if that helps Then 拢220 to diagnose.

Really appreciated any advice.

Thanks

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, JoanneGalaxy said:

My centre console screen is flashing

Photo of screen please, there are many different versions.

Thanks Unofix, here's a video. hope its helps.

• Thanks 1

That looks like Back Light failure of the screen.

There are companies that will repair or replace the screen for around 拢300.

For example see this link: https://advancedrepair.co.uk/ford-galaxy-radio-sat-nav-media-unit-touch-screen-repair-3657-p.asp

• Like 1

I'm kinda interested, how can I not be at those sorts of prices, and I happen to be not too far from you.

I provide an instrument cluster repair service through eBay (https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/314393033915). I haven't touched one of these screen modules before, but I've done some research, I've seen two people on youtube take them apart and I understand what they consist of. I think unofix is probably right, that it's a failure of the screen's backlighting. In both videos I watched the units seemed to be exhibiting the same symptom as yours, blinking the display on and off, and both were fixed by replacing backlighting components.

Finding the replacement part or a matching unit to scavenge one from might be the trickiest part.

Since I've never done it before, I'd be willing to give it a go on a no fix no fee basis.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club