Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Unable to unlock the car with my fob or key

Duke76

I have a Galaxy Titanium X 2015.  I had to jump start the car yesterday.  This morning the car is dead so I assume its the car battery.  Trying to get into the car and both my key fobs are not working.  I tried the manual key and it turns to 2 O'Clock position but the door won't open.  

Any suggestions please?  

1 hour ago, Duke76 said:

... I tried the manual key and it turns to 2 O'Clock position but the door won't open.  

Any suggestions please?  

On mine, this is the 'close' position on the door lock. Have you tried swiveling it round to 10 o'clock to see if that will manually open the door?

• Like 2

Sorted now.  I held the key with a pliers and turned it to 10am and that unlocked the car.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Duke76 said:

I held the key with a pliers

On 10/18/2023 at 10:49 AM, TomsFocus said:

Are you using the keyblade stuck back in the fob?  You'll never have enough strength to turn it without.

The keyfob has a slot in it so you can use it as a 'handle' on the end of the emergency blade.

(Picture stolen from a rival forum :laugh: )

screenshot_2020-12-22-what-to-do-if-your-keyless-entry-doesn%C3%A2%C2%80%C2%99t-work-green-flag-1-png.229529

10 minutes ago, Duke76 said:

Sorted now.  I held the key with a pliers and turned it to 10am and that unlocked the car.

What you need to do now, is spray some 3 in 1 oil on the key blade (NOT WD40!), and squirt some in the lock, and wiggle the key so it gets some proper lubrication. Then once every 2/3 months just use the key so the lock doesn't seize again.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club