Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Galaxy 2008 2.2 TDCI EGR blank

2.2tidad

Hey all I've got a Ford Galaxy 2.2 TDCI 2008 i think it's euro 4 (WA6)

I'm looking for an EGR blanking kit for the car I've been looking on Google and can't find anything at all for this engine etc any help, please?

Any other options that I could use would be of help, I've read that you can simply unplug the EGR on the euro 4 and it won't cause any other issues but an EML or sometimes not even that is this correct?

I've had my DPF gutted and put back on and a remap, The lad who did this said he can't remove the EGR from the ECU on the EURO 4 engine, And I would have to get a blanking kit or get it removed or something to say with the flaps I think or some other part and only keep the ECU part alive so it thinks the EGR is working fine but it's doing nothing really any thoughts cheers.

Thanks all for reading.

On 2/22/2024 at 11:35 PM, 2.2tidad said:

Hey all I've got a Ford Galaxy 2.2 TDCI 2008 i think it's euro 4 (WA6)

I'm looking for an EGR blanking kit for the car I've been looking on Google and can't find anything at all for this engine etc any help, please?

Any other options that I could use would be of help, I've read that you can simply unplug the EGR on the euro 4 and it won't cause any other issues but an EML or sometimes not even that is this correct?

I've had my DPF gutted and put back on and a remap, The lad who did this said he can't remove the EGR from the ECU on the EURO 4 engine, And I would have to get a blanking kit or get it removed or something to say with the flaps I think or some other part and only keep the ECU part alive so it thinks the EGR is working fine but it's doing nothing really any thoughts cheers.

Thanks all for reading.

Did a 6-hour trip the other day and had no issue, The Only thing I see now is my average mpg has gone up from 37 avg to 44mpg in 6th gear at 50-70 mph.

No EGR issues at all, And it drives better than ever more MPG and more power from the remap happy days.

Keep you updated on any issues as plan to put quite a few miles on the car next month UK to Amsterdam twice so reports will come,

Thanks all.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all, Another trip is done, London to EuroStar France to Haarlem Back to Eurostar and London again,

The car ran perfectly for the tip and didn't miss a beat overall MPG was at 47 dropping to 28/32 in town and traffic was Solid 75-85mph she was chucking out in 6th gear and cruise control an average of 47mpg and on instant fuel 34.45mpg

I used Vpower only at around 2 euros + and had a full service on the car before the trip.

Will Keep you updated as have a Spain trip planned in her in a few weeks,

Lea.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club