Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Engine service low and steering malfunction

sedu Benjamin

I just bought a second hand Ford focus and after a few maneuvers the car won't start and shows engine service low and steering . After a few mins the car starts

20240310_151648.jpg

Have you plugged it into a reader to get the fault codes, hard to understand much from the dash lights now days 

46 minutes ago, sedu Benjamin said:

shows engine service low and steering

Do you mean "Engine service Now" ?  Which is Ford code for Engine Broken, take to garage.

Measure the battery voltage at the terminal with a meter. If the SOC is low then the power steering won't operate correctly.

Ford - Battery SOC & Text.JPG

I took the car to the garage last week and the mechanic said he could not detect any fault.From this chart does it mean that low battery affects starter performance? 

• Sad 1

Yes, battery performance low.

Change the battery and get the faults cleared to see if anything comes back

Drive the car today morning and it just moved on swiftly am not sure whether the problem will come back again or not

I took the car to the garage last w

10 hours ago, DaveT70 said:

Yes, battery performance low.

Change the battery and get the faults cleared to see if anything comes back

eek and the mechanic said he could not detect any fault.From this chart does it mean that low battery affects starter performance? 

• 1 month later...
Posted (edited)

On the motorway after purchasing new battery and charging it fully the car showed "Engine check now " I continued with the warning upto the garage. They read the codes am not a professional in that.they checked and there was Metal & sealent debris from the oil pump pick up.They said next step is to check whether the timing belt was replaced correctly. Could it be an engine problem. I have been with this car for 3 months now from a private seller. Maybe he sold me a faulty car😥

Edited by sedu Benjamin
Wording

Is your engine a 1.0 Ecoboost ?

If yes, then it sounds very much like the wet timing belt is falling apart.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club