Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford smax 2019 gearbox issue

guap79

Hi, after serious transmission problems on a ford s max 2019 diesel automatic. We had the gearbox rebuilt (the mechatronics were also inspected and were rated as fault-free). It works better now, but the transmission still has trouble shifting up and down, revs higher, and sounds like knocking. when changing from driving to parking or any other mode. It makes the same knocking sound. The only thing that is left now is mechatronics

Search the forum

I'd very carefully inspect the wiring to the TCM

I don't know if this will help, but I was getting "Transmission Limited Function" and similar knocking issues to you a while ago.

To cut a long story short I found several threads mentioning "Seafoam Trans Tune" and to be honest I did not think it would do anything, but to my amazement it cured everything.

The instructions given were to add this to the gearbox, drive several hundred miles *my problems went away during this period", then replace your gearbox oil adding another can of Seafoam.

Worth a try as only £20 on amazon

All the best

NNN

On 3/16/2024 at 10:03 AM, NoNameNone said:

I don't know if this will help, but I was getting "Transmission Limited Function" and similar knocking issues to you a while ago.

To cut a long story short I found several threads mentioning "Seafoam Trans Tune" and to be honest I did not think it would do anything, but to my amazement it cured everything.

The instructions given were to add this to the gearbox, drive several hundred miles *my problems went away during this period", then replace your gearbox oil adding another can of Seafoam.

Worth a try as only £20 on Amazon

All the best

NNN

On a DSG?

10 hours ago, DaveT70 said:

On a DSG?

It was put in my wife's EcoBoost 240 which has a Powershift DCT450 Gearbox, worked a treat

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club