Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk4 6 years on …

Alex.S

6 years since the mk4 was released, how are owners getting on ? Anyone over the 100k mark , changed belts , turbos , exhausts etc 

I'm at 63k had a new auto box at 58k, Screen wash hose replaced under warranty and due a track rod end replaced. Apart from that it’s been plain sailing. I’ve realised pricey tyres grip better but don’t do as much miles as mid range tyres. All in all I’m glad I picked it 😃 

• Like 2

Hi, at 78k on my 1.5 ecoboost 150 manual. Apart from squeaking moonroof trims that I did a post on how to fix, so far touch wood, I’ve had nothing other than regular maintenance. I do oil changes every 10k and only use Ford filters and magnatec oil. Only have the auxiliary wetbelt like yours and am planning to do that with oil and water pumps at 90k. I’m on Bridgestones all weathers which I get about 30k from. Most annoying cheap part that I’ve had to replace twice now is the break disc guards at the rear which have rusted through twice. They are the flimsiest thing I have ever seen. Probably will do the battery soon and see if a better after market one will allow stop start to work but not really an issue for me as do mostly motorway driving. Really pleased with mine overall and when you start to weigh up the total ownership cost with the 0% finance most folk got in 2019 then the numbers are pretty rosy! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SB active X estate said:

. Only have the auxiliary wetbelt like yours and am planning to do that with oil and water pumps at 90k.

For info the small Wet Belt on this Engine only drives the oil Pump but the Timing Chain needs to be removed to replace it, so it is a massive job to replace.

The Coolant Pump is not driven by either the Wet Belt or Timing Chain, it is external for want of a better word and driven from the same Ancillary belt that drives the Alternator.

• Like 2

Thanks John for the much more detailed info! 

Mine is a 2019 and have done less miles than you, irregular but mostly motorway or long journeys.  Only routine maintenance so far which I would expect for a 5 year old car tbh, except a windscreen replacement and tyre puncture repair which I can't really fault Ford for. 

As with most people the stop/start rarely works which doesn't bother me at all and I can park it up for a couple of weeks without any problem starting.  Sometimes the parking sensors sound tinny which I understand is a sign of low battery voltage but they soon get back to normal, and other things like heated screen and seats seem to work normally all the time.  Overall happy with this one and will probably keep it a bit longer (but not as long as needing to change belts).

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club