Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hybrid Focus

Lorraine Day

I have had two Focus estates,  the first being a 11 plate and now a 17 plate and ready to update again and I just love my Focus ST line estate.  

I've been warned off because of the 'wet belt' system but also been told that there are problems with all ecoboost Fords even with the updated chain belt system.

I've found a perfect car which is a 71 plate hybrid.   I've never had hybrid before but because I don't do as many miles as I used to and often do short journeys I've been told that would be very economical for me.   If I didn't know about the wet belt situation and consequently been told of other ongoing issues  I'd be on my way to buy it now 

Help is the word... please give me the pro's and cons.  

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Lorraine Day said:

I've never had hybrid before

No wet belt on a Mk 4 Focus but see the thread linked by Alex.

Be aware that the Focus is only a "mild" hybrid with a very small battery - it just stores energy that would otherwise be wasted on braking, etc and uses it to give the petrol engine a helping hand when accelerating. Driving is just as with a "normal" manual or automatic.

Unlike a full hybrid such as a Toyota Corolla it can't run on electricity alone at any time. You don't say If you are looking at manual or automatic but If the latter, you might find a full hybrid worth a look.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Focus is only a "mild" hybrid with a very small battery

Yes they do seem quite small 🤣.

Tesla use 4 times as many batteries !!

small.JPG

4 times.JPG

• Haha 6

They are not Hybrid they are mild Hybrid (MHEV) there is no possibility of the engine ever running in EV mode

Minimal, if any, fuel economy benefits over a normal ICE

• Like 2

Hi Lorraine. If you really want a Hybrid car, and they are the way to go, then forget Ford. Either Lexus or Toyota, if you want something cheaper. I've had 3 Lexus Hybrids and they are absolutely outstanding. The is300h I've had 2 and never got less than 50mpg. Yes it could drive on electric but only for 4 miles. Even the 3.5 litre V6 RX450H I had I never got below 35mpg. I'm only back with Ford till my finances get better and I'm back to Lexus like a shot.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club