Do Not Sell My Personal Information

BSI issue driving me nuts

noggen26

Hi all

My first post here so its nice to meet everyone. Anyway, I've owned my galaxy 2012 for the last two months and all seemed ok. However, the other day a man pulls up to me and says the brake lights are not working. 

Get back home and he is correct, they where a couple of days before as I can see them when I back into the drive in the window. Anyway did the usual checks and turns out water has got into the BSI module and the board is toast. So I sourced a replacement with the exact same part number, I purchased myself a OBD module and a paid for version of Forscan, backed up the original BSI, put in the new BSI and copied the setup across. All good. Brake lights now working.

I reprogrammed the keys using an Autel and it took the 2 keys no problem.  However, upon turning on the ignition I am getting immobiliser active and fault code U0426 Invalid data received from vehicle Immobilizer control module in the PCM.

So I reset all adaptions in the PCM and redid the keys again. Still same fault.

Put the original BSI back in, reprogrammed the keys and vehicle starts ok.

Now I'm scratching my head as I cannot work out what's going on here.

My question is, looking at wiring diagrams the immobiliser is part of the BSI module as what they classify as the security module is linked to the BSI. If this is the case why can the PCM not understand what it is seeing? Could this be a bad BSI or have I done something wrong?

Thanks in advance.

BSI ??

Assuming Body Control Module (BCM) part of the passenger compartment fusebox.

From late 2012 ~ early 2013 Ford removed the ability for users/owners to programme the PATS immobiliser keys, for security reasons.  From what you are saying it sounds like the ability to reprogramme the system to accept the keys is not an option on the BCM you have. Looks like you need to get the car to a Ford dealer and pay the usual £120 and get them to code the keys back in to the car.

• Like 1

Hi, and thanks for the reply. Yes sorry BCM. I'm not sure the key programming of the PATs is the issue as I'm using the Autel im508 which is a key programming tool. From what I understand it can generate the incode as it spends about 2 minutes quizzing the module and then allows access to programming. Follow the process and it shows as two keys stored. Plus it's able to reprogram the keys back into the old BCM.

Tried again this morning and it's also throwing a fault for u0416 invalid data received from vehicle dynamics module in the IPC. Ive verified hcan at the ABS pump but as the instrument cluster is on the Lin network and i believe they network via the BCM. Not sure if ABS module has anything to do with immobilizer function but it does flag with both old and new BCM module. 

The ABS is part of the PATS immobiliser system. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club