Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rear wiper washer not working

Hellboy

Hi all, 

I have a 2015 facelift 1.5TDCi Focus Zetec. 

Two weeks ago I noticed the washers had stopped working on the front and the back. I checked the fuses (77 and 82 in the passenger footwell) and both had blown. Replaced both but still no good. Assumed it was the pump so took it to a garage to get it swapped. They put a new (Maybe) pump in and only the front works but the spray seems weaker. But still nothing out the back. They claimed to when they tried the back it kept blowing the fuses. So they done something to stop it blowing. 

Anyway they said it was an electrical issue and asked if I wanted an auto electrician out. I said yes as I wanted it repaired. They had it back in a few days later and the electrician had it about 50-55 minutes and said he couldn't fix it as it was an ECU issue and mentioned an earth issue. They tried to blame my DRL lights I had fitted a few years ago next to the foglights. But these are earthed to the bulkhead and no where near the wiper or washer bottle/pump. So the electrician said he wouldn't touch it now as it would cost £100s to fix and I was advised to just remove the back wiper as its not a MOT failure. 

I am now unsure what to do or what it is? When I spray the front sprays the pumps work. When I do the back the pump doesn't work. The wiper comes on as if some water had been sprayed but that's it. 

Any ideas? 

I don't really want to remove the rear wiper as I do use it. 

Many thanks for any replies.

6 hours ago, Hellboy said:

Assumed it was the pump so took it to a garage to get it swapped. ...

Any ideas?

I would take it to a garage that can fix cars...

6 hours ago, Hellboy said:

I was advised to just remove the back wiper as its not a MOT failure.

As a temporary act to get through MOT, you can remove rear wiper, it's held on by one 10mm nut which will take less than a minute to remove (though to be honest, I'm not even sure that the rear is even part of the MOT as I can never remember the rear screen ever being returned to me wet after one)

Hopefully, someone sensible will be along soon...

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

I'm not even sure that the rear is even part of the MOT as I can never remember the rear screen ever being returned to me wet after one)

The rear wiper and rear screen wash are not part of the MOT. There is no requirement to have either, and certainly no reason to take the wiper off.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club