Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Increasing ground clearance

sbzjw83

I've just bought a 2017 Titanium X Galaxy. When I got it home I discovered that the engine splash guard scrapes the floor when I reverse onto the drive and hits the dropped kerb if I pull onto the drive forwards. I know the splash guard is sacrificial, so other than the noise perhaps it's not a major issue but does anyone know if there are easy things I could do to add another 1-3cm to the ground clearance at the front? Or do you know whether you can get splash guards with a different profile?

Are you sure the splash shield is properly fitted?

You will probably find that some screws or clips are missing, or the shield is broken.

• Like 1

If it is fitted properly, are you sure it's the splash guard and not the bumper?  The splash guard is flat on these I think, unless there's a protruding splitter/airdam attached to it for increased aerodynamics?  The long bumper overhang on some Fords is easy to catch, I was regularly catching the one on my Mk3 Focus.

The only way to add ground clearance is to fit longer springs.  This can be known as a 'lift kit' for off roaders.  I'm not sure they'll even make them for a Galaxy.  I suppose the other option is that maybe a previous owner has fitted lowering springs, so it's now lower than standard, but again that doesn't seem likely for a Galaxy.

15 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

The only way to add ground clearance is to fit longer springs.  This can be known as a 'lift kit' for off roaders.  I'm not sure they'll even make them for a Galaxy. 

Or, the OP could just put the wife in the boot and that should lift the front end up 🤣

• Haha 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club