Do Not Sell My Personal Information

ForScan - Adjusting Battery Charge Percentage

RayC333
聽Share

Is being able to change battery charge percentage common to all modern Ford models? e.g. my MK3 Focus.

Have finally got around to using ForScan. Updated to the latest software and downloaded the extended license ok.

Although I can see lots of options for the BCM, battery settings isn't one of them 馃

I don't know Ray, it may be possible using Asbuilt Data but maybe the Mk3 cars are not set to 80% SOC, someone else may know for sure.

You could ask in the FORScan Forum but most of the people who frequent that are from the USA and drive Trucks of one kind or another so will not be familiar with the Mk3 Focus.

• Like 1

Hi Ray, as far as I know the SOC setting is not shown in the Focus Mk3 BCM settings. It may be possible to do it by code, but I've no personal experience of what those changes are.

The charging system on the 2012 models while classed as 'Smart' it is not the same system as that used on later vehicles like the Focus Mk4. The battery level is by default kept in a much better sate of charge.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club