Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Multiple Ford Clutch Failures in 1 Year

AT007

I’m wondering if anyone else has experienced similar issues?

We bought a 2016 Ford Focus from the local Ford dealer in late 2022 and then had to Shell out £1500 in early 2023 when the clutch went (slippage, burnout etc). Ford claimed driver error forcing us to pay for the repair, despite us stating the vehicle was not fit for sale (Consumer Rights).
The clutch went again in October 2023 - again we were blamed for poor driving and had to Shell out for another clutch and flywheel to be fitted.

Now, we have had the clutch go again!!!  3 times in 14 months. The vehicle has only done 7000 since we purchased it too.

Ford are denying liability, warranty claims etc and adamant it’s down to driver error.  In my 20 plus years of driving I have never experienced this so it’s baffling and frustrating and I am refusing to pay any further for a vehicle that should never have been sold in the first place.

The motor ombudsman is worth considering but reading through their online case studies I see that most seem to side with the dealers unless the consumer has hard proof.

Im at odds over this and starting to wonder if I am not alone with this issue?

It may help if you say what engine it’ is .Also just to confirm you’re not a driving instructor.

The car is a Ford Focus 1.0 EcoBoost 125 Titanium 5dr.

I'm not a driving instructor 🙂 just a regular consumer

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club