Do Not Sell My Personal Information

DC/DC converter location

stevo666

Hi, does anyone know where the DC/DC  converter  is located on My 2019 1.5 ford courier van? I watched a video on YouTube which said under the passenger seat but when I looked it was the fuel model. 

• Confused 1

What is the DC/DC converter for and why do you think your van has one ?

Is your van a MHEV ?

23 minutes ago, unofix said:

What is the DC/DC converter for and why do you think your van has one ?

Is your van a MHEV ?

My instrument panel it's twitching my stereo has stopped working and my heater has stopped working. When I googled this I saw a video of a mechanic looking at a Ford courier van that had the exact same issues and his fix was the DC/DC Converter so I'm assuming it's that .

I don't know what a MHEV Is

Mine is a 2019 ford courier 1.5 diesel van 

I suspect that there is some misunderstanding of what was in the video. Some vehicles that are equipped with a mains electric socket (230V ac) are fitted with an Inverter, which on some vehicles is fitted under the passenger seat.

Most individual modules in the vehicle that require a steady and constant voltage will each contain their own Voltage Regulator to ensure a smooth voltage.

Do you have a multimeter ? The first thing you need to do is measure the battery voltage with the engine off, and again with the engine running.

Ignore my reference to MHEV, which is a Mild Hybrid Electric Vehicle which it is clear you don't have.

4 minutes ago, unofix said:

I suspect that there is some misunderstanding of what was in the video. Some vehicles that are equipped with a mains electric socket (230V ac) are fitted with an Inverter, which on some vehicles is fitted under the passenger seat.

Most individual modules in the vehicle that require a steady and constant voltage will each contain their own Voltage Regulator to ensure a steady and smooth voltage.

Do you have a multimeter ? The first thing you need to do is measure the battery voltage with the engine off, and again with the engine running.

Ignore my reference to MHEV, which is a Mild Hybrid Electric Vehicle which it is clear you don't have.

To be fair I don't have a multi meter or do much on cars the guy said there was I fault with the DC/DC converter which had knocked out the fuse line for the instument pannle,  radio and air con. It looked like an easy fix, unplug the old one plug the new one in but when I looked under the passenger seat the only thing there was the fuel pump relay (I googled the serial number) 

The video I watched

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, stevo666 said:

I looked under the passenger seat the only thing there was the fuel pump relay

I've watched the video quite a few times now and you are correct he does refer to it as a DC to DC converter. Unfortunately I just can't quite make out the Ford part number on the label in the video, which would tell us what the item is.

However since you don't have whatever it is under your passenger seat it may not be of any help even if we did know what it is.

The Ford parts catalogues that we have access to haven't been updated since 2016 so I'm kind of in the dark. Looking at 2014/2015 Courier vans there is nothing listed that I can find for a module under the passenger seat.

It maybe worth looking under the drivers seat encase Ford have swapped sides and mounted the unit there.

OK !!!

I think I know what it is. It's the voltage sensing unit for the Stop/start system, and for some reason is also involved with the reverse camera if one is fitted.

FORD COURIER Voltage Converter Module AV1T-14B526-AB     Ford Finis Code 1932295 for vans without reverse camera.

FORD COURIER Voltage Converter Module AV1T-14B526-BB     Ford Finis Code 1932296 for vans fitted with reverse camera.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, unofix said:

I've watched the video quite a few times now and you are correct he does refer to it as a DC to DC converter. Unfortunately I just can't quite make out the Ford part number on the label in the video, which would tell us what the item is.

However since you don't have whatever it is under your passenger seat it may not be of any help even if we did know what it is.

The Ford parts catalogues that we have access to haven't been updated since 2016 so I'm kind of in the dark. Looking at 2014/2015 Courier vans there is nothing listed that I can find for a module under the passenger seat.

It maybe worth looking under the drivers seat encase Ford have swapped sides and mounted the unit there.

Thank you. 

My van is doing everything that the van in the video is 

This is what I found that looks like the part. I will have a look under the drivers side I didn't think of that to be fair.  Screenshot_20240421_205555_eBay.thumb.jpg.3b4878471ac596ea21c001df3bdddc37.jpg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, unofix said:

OK !!!

I think I know what it is. It's the voltage sensing unit for the Stop/start system, and for some reason is also involved with the reverse camera if one is fitted.

FORD COURIER Voltage Converter Module AV1T-14B526-AB     Ford Finis Code 1932295 for vans without reverse camera.

FORD COURIER Voltage Converter Module AV1T-14B526-BB     Ford Finis Code 1932296 for vans fitted with reverse camera.

Yeah that's what I found. The serial number matches the no camera one

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, unofix said:

OK !!!

@iantt can you help us with the location of this unit please? the OP says it is not under the passenger seat.

So I found it under the drivers seat.

I'll get the one off eBay and change it see if it fixes it.

I don't suppose you know if it's safe to drive until I fix it do you?

• Like 1

Yes it will be fine to drive, of course Stop/Start won't work which you should be pleased about. You will probably need to give the connector a good clean as well, so order some switch contact cleaner if you don't already have some.

5 minutes ago, unofix said:

Yes it will be fine to drive, of course Stop/Start won't work which you should be pleased about. You will probably need to give the connector a good clean as well, so order some switch contact cleaner if you don't already have some.

Brilliant. 

Thank you for all your help I really appreciate it. 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club