Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2019MK4 LDH noise within bulkhead/engine/air filter triangle

PascalG

Hi folks,

I've had my 2019 MK4 hatchback Focus for about 3 months now. Since a few weeks I've noticed a weird noice coming from between the back of the engine and the bulkhead, near the air filter. It almost sounds like a diesel-like sound while I have a regular petrol car. The sound is most noticeable while idling and between idling and around 1300RPM, after which the noise stops or the engine becomes too loud (I don't know which one).

I've read stuff about missing C-clamps around the two heating hoses going into the bullhead, but some mechanic already solved it in the past by wrapping a tie wrap around the two hoses and fiddling with both of the hoses (spreading them apart, pinching them together and moving hem in general) does not reduce the sound in any way.

The sound can be heard from the engine bay in this video from 5 seconds until about 8 seconds: https://youtu.be/rw7C7rc5Ktw and from the inside: https://youtu.be/5JqFURS6tKM.

I'm wondering if anyone is able to identify this sound and would really appreciate it if able to point me in the right directions.

image.thumb.png.416b1809a8c2d45659bf520d9c6ca81b.png

Thank you,

Pascal

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club