Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Why do telematic control units affects infotainment system

aswin

I have a ford focus 2019 titanium x variant, 

.....and the problem is ?

Hi, 

I have a ford focus 2019 1.0 litre petrol model, recently i am having problem with emergency call malfunction, auto hold malfunction and pre collision assist malfunction. When i took the car to local ford dealer, they said that my car need a new telematic control unit or a software update needed. During this process, they advised me that the update may affect my infotainment system and i need to replace it . Could you please advise me how to avoid this kind of issues ?

• Sad 1

And for last one week, my auto hold and auto start/ stop function starts working normally, and i dont know why. Is this a common issue in Mk4 models?

Firstly I'd get a multimeter and measure your car battery voltage. I suspect that its State Of Charge maybe low. If it is then charge the battery for a minimum of 12 hours with a Smart charger.

Some vehicles have had issues with the telematic modem, many were replaced while the vehicles were still under warranty. While the infotainment system does use the modem for OTA updates I'm not aware of a reason why fixing or replacing the telematic unit should have a negative effect on the info system.

Any ideas on this Ian ? @iantt

Ford - Battery SOC & Text.JPG

1 hour ago, unofix said:

Firstly I'd get a multimeter and measure your car battery voltage. I suspect that its State Of Charge maybe low. If it is then charge the battery for a minimum of 12 hours with a Smart charger.

Some vehicles have had issues with the telematic modem, many were replaced while the vehicles were still under warranty. While the infotainment system does use the modem for OTA updates I'm not aware of a reason why fixing or replacing the telematic unit should have a negative effect on the info system.

Any ideas on this Ian ? @iantt

Ford - Battery SOC & Text.JPG

Nope. I've replaced 100 or more tcu and not affect the rest of audio system. 

• Thanks 1

They booked my car for TCU replacement and  they said that it will not affect the sync module, but they quoted 827 pounds for total replacement with VaT and labour, how do i know that these is a manufacture fault or not? Any suggestions regarding this.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club