Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2010 Focus 2.0 TDCi Brake bleed not quite there

Kye

Hello all, been a while....

Need a bit of help plese possible.  I can't quite get the brake pedal to firm up after a brake system overhaul. I changed pads and discs all round and had to take the master cylinder off as well. I've put litres of dot 4 through the system, with all calipers passing bubble free fluid (all four of them let a good load of air out of them). The clutch is also bled (maybe not enough?) Brake force is pretty strong on the drive way but i'm not chancing it on the road!

Anyone got any tips on what else I can do to sort this before I take the car in to be looked at?

Cheers in advance

Kye

9 minutes ago, Kye said:

Anyone got any tips on what else I can do to sort this before I take the car in to be looked at?

I understand your problem, I've got a similar issue with a 2010 Kuga. I'm going to take it to Halfords or Tyre Services and get them to do a full brake fluid change for the fixed price of £49.95 (they all charge the same). I do not recommend using Kwikfit who will try and rip you off by trying to insist on new brake parts that are not needed.

How are you pressurising the system to bleed it?

I’ve always used an Ezi-bleed kit to do mine but got better feel at the pedal when the car had a fluid change as part of a service and bled the old school way with one chap pumping the pedal and another doing the bleed hose bit etc

Quizzed them about it at last service and was advised the ezi-bleed systems can sometimes put air into the fliuid - though not enough to cause concern but pedal pumping process got better results

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club