Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ipad & Fiesta

freeman3030

Hi,

I'm thinking about getting an iPad and storing all my music on it. Does anyone here have an iPad and can tell me whether the music plays through USB or not? Also whether the buttons on the multifunction steering wheel will still skip tracks etc. Also if playlists are usable too.

I tried a friends iPhone the other day but couldn't get the sound to come through the Speakers for some reason, the only way it would work is by connecting it by 3.5mm jack, but then can't use the buttons!

If anyone has one and can help, it would be much appreciated.

Thankyou

Hi,

I'm thinking about getting an iPad and storing all my music on it. Does anyone here have an iPad and can tell me whether the music plays through USB or not? Also whether the buttons on the multifunction steering wheel will still skip tracks etc. Also if playlists are usable too.

I tried a friends iPhone the other day but couldn't get the sound to come through the speakers for some reason, the only way it would work is by connecting it by 3.5mm jack, but then can't use the buttons!

If anyone has one and can help, it would be much appreciated.

Thankyou

I think the iOS on iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch is updates broke the USB Functionality with Ford Cars. I stream all audio from my iPhone 4 (iOS 4.1) via bluetooth A2DP and it work's perfectly! :D

The Upcoming iOS 4.2 May bring some new fixes though?

Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure the iPad doesn't have USB?

If you wanna connect it via USB you'll have to use the Ford Y Cable or fashion your own take on it cause the Y Cable will not be big enough for the iPad (many posts on here about it)

iNath, the ipad has the same dock connector the iPhone has for usb

Edit: If you connect it via the Y Cable you will be able to see the music on the display in your fez and skip tracks, etc. Might be abit impractical to have an iPad that close to the handbrake :unsure:

The latest bluetooth stack should allow control of changing music tracks etc via car controls, I am sorry to say that having my fezza bluetooth updated today I haven't tested this but I believe iOS is SUPPOSED to support this. And the Fiesta uses A2DP so far as I know?

Anyway your best bet is to use an i device sync and charge cable and a 3.5mm jack to jack cable, you could run these to the glovebox and put the iPad in there or use a decent mount like Brodits:

http://www.brodit.com/?main=searchbrodit.jsp&search=ipad

Also if this channel I subscribe to is right then you may have to wait until iOS 4.2 is released to be able to use the cars controls anyway:

Well I wont be able to send music via bluetooth as I'll need to keep it free so my phone can connect to take and make calls.

I've just been out and connected my friends iPhone with a 3.5mm - 3.5mm jack in conjunction with the Apple USB cable and it worked a treat... was able to skip tracks and adjust volume! It was a bit weird as I've tried it a couple of times over the last 2 months and have failed... very weird!

Hey ho, atleast now I know that when I get an iPad, it will work. Will probably invest in one of those Ford Y-cables though as it means only having to connect the one cable when I get in the car as opposed to two!

Thanks for your help

:D

Well I wont be able to send music via bluetooth as I'll need to keep it free so my phone can connect to take and make calls.

I've just been out and connected my friends iPhone with a 3.5mm - 3.5mm jack in conjunction with the Apple USB cable and it worked a treat... was able to skip tracks and adjust volume! It was a bit weird as I've tried it a couple of times over the last 2 months and have failed... very weird!

Hey ho, atleast now I know that when I get an iPad, it will work. Will probably invest in one of those Ford Y-cables though as it means only having to connect the one cable when I get in the car as opposed to two!

Thanks for your help

:D

I'm in the same boat, holding off for the new one that should be announced in January! :D

How do you get a2dp or whatever it's called to work? I've got voice control blue tooth but haven't been able to control my iPhone via the stereo...

How do you get a2dp or whatever it's called to work? I've got voice control blue tooth but haven't been able to control my iPhone via the stereo...

It doesn't display the track name etc, only lets me skip tracks etc :(

Yeah I want that, tell me how !!

Do you have the latest iOS 4.1 on your iPhone? This funationality will become avaliable to the iPad with iOS 4.2 (avaliable now for iPhone/iPad/iTouch....cough > http://gumballtech.com/2010/11/01/ios-4-2-gm-released-for-all-devices-download-here/ :ph34r: )

Yer i'd like to know this too

My phone connects to the stereo and can receive and make calls using buttons on stereo

But how do you play music through bluetooth?

iOS 4.1 supports the new ability to control the iPod part of the iPhone using the stereo controls and steering wheel controls. I am not sure if you also need to have the software on the car updated to the latest version also as I had mine done on Monday? iOS4.2 is scheduled for release this month and Apple have released the so called GOLD copy to testers, golf meaning the final version they want to release so it looks to be on track.

As for how you play music, ensure you have some music on your iPhone, then press your voice control button and for me I say external device - then -bluetooth - then - play and it starts playing my music from the iPhone. You also do not select A2DP, it's just a standard that works, like WiFi. It means that the bluetooth connection can do more things and, more importantly, can transmit audio in stereo so it sounds better.

Oops.

Adam used the AUX button to play his iPhone thru the car, will mine be the same? non of this connecting beofre setting off business?

Just tried the "external device>Bluetooth" but it didn't work, the voice the tells me to select "line in", so that's the only option available to me. Is my stereo out of date?

Just tried the "external device>Bluetooth" but it didn't work, the voice the tells me to select "line in", so that's the only option available to me. Is my stereo out of date?

haha, no mate. To be honest I think you have to say 'connect' I think I did before I had my software updated. Look in the manual at the voice commands or have a look at this:

http://www.ford-mobile-connectivity.com/files/manual/Ford_BVC_GS_A4_EN.pdf

Scroll to the bottom and you will see a list of bluetooth commands but it may have been updated so look in your manual. You also do have your iPhone connected to the stereo by bluetooth don't you? Also what model iPhone do you have as that makes a difference as well?

Does your car have the big display in the centre dash as well? Meaning it has the full bluetooth, USB, voice control system?

haha, no mate. To be honest I think you have to say 'connect' I think I did before I had my software updated. Look in the manual at the voice commands or have a look at this:

http://www.ford-mobi...VC_GS_A4_EN.pdf

Scroll to the bottom and you will see a list of bluetooth commands but it may have been updated so look in your manual. You also do have your iPhone connected to the stereo by bluetooth don't you? Also what model iPhone do you have as that makes a difference as well?

Does your car have the big display in the centre dash as well? Meaning it has the full bluetooth, USB, voice control system?

does that mean that before you have your stereo software updated, you have to connect your device (even though it connects via bluetooth automatically when you turn the ignition) every time you want to stream from an audio device?

i'll have aplay in a min on my din dins. and yeah phone auto connects every time i get in the car, thus enabling voice control over the phone. i'm running iPhone 4 with the latest firmware ios4.1 is it?

big display yes, although no USB..

its odd as when I was in adam (fordpartsman)s car, he simply clicked AUX on the stereo and play on his iPhone and the music was playing no problem. he didn't have to press the VC button to connect the two together.

I just want to be able to control the tracks via the steering wheel not so fussed about seeing whats playing :)

does that mean that before you have your stereo software updated, you have to connect your device (even though it connects via bluetooth automatically when you turn the ignition) every time you want to stream from an audio device?

i'll have aplay in a min on my din dins. and yeah phone auto connects every time i get in the car, thus enabling voice control over the phone. i'm running iPhone 4 with the latest firmware ios4.1 is it?

big display yes, although no USB..

its odd as when I was in adam (fordpartsman)s car, he simply clicked AUX on the stereo and play on his iPhone and the music was playing no problem. he didn't have to press the VC button to connect the two together.

I just want to be able to control the tracks via the steering wheel not so fussed about seeing whats playing :)

Ah, when I was saying have you got it connected I meant via bluetooth so that's fine. It's the same phone as me too and iOS. Have you tried going through the stereo menu to select the phone for bluetooth audio? Worth a try as it should work, and I thought if you had the bigger screen display you had the USB? Down below the gear stick? Anyway take a look as it should work fine, you MAY need the software update on the stereo to use the steering wheel controls but you should still be able to play the music.

Ah, when I was saying have you got it connected I meant via bluetooth so that's fine. It's the same phone as me too and iOS. Have you tried going through the stereo menu to select the phone for bluetooth audio? Worth a try as it should work, and I thought if you had the bigger screen display you had the USB? Down below the gear stick? Anyway take a look as it should work fine, you MAY need the software update on the stereo to use the steering wheel controls but you should still be able to play the music.

i spent all dinner talking to the VC. the kind lady voice states "choice 'LINE IN' " when i try connecting so is it fair to assume i don't have the bluetooth streaming facility?

yeah no usb connectivity whatsoever, just the plain old AUX, i know wierd as i've got bluetooth VC... i will struggle to get ford to update the software as they already did it once, about a year ago now..

I think the iOS on iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch is updates broke the USB Functionality with Ford Cars. I stream all audio from my iPhone 4 (iOS 4.1) via Bluetooth A2DP and it work's perfectly! :D

The Upcoming iOS 4.2 May bring some new fixes though?

Hi Raizak

Just been reading your post about streaming audio from the iPhone 4 via bluetooth A2DP.

I've never heard of A2DP, what is it and what Fiesta's have it?

Thanks,BHeart

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club