Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Need tips on looking after my high mileage 1.6 TDCi Focus

brennon

Hello

Im new to this site, and bought my first Focus 6 months ago. its a 2006 1.6 TDCi LX and my knowledge of car maintenence is limited to oil/washer level checks and wheel changes!

Im just looking for some advice on keeping it in tip top condition as I have quite a high mileage on mostly A roads due to my commute, roughly 20K a year.

Ive just put it through its 2nd service (but first with me) and its had fuel, air and oil filters changed, rear breaks cleaned and adjusted.

What can I do to avoid breakdowns and keep it running smooth, dont mind going above and beyond what the recommended services stipulate, and my main concern is breaking down, my commute is on the Woodhead Pass in Greater Manchester, not a place a lone female would like to break down!

Im asking this as I previously had a 1.6 petrol Fusion, 3.5 years old, fully serviced with Ford, and it let me down on numerous occasions which is the main reason i got rid (aswell as fuel costs)

Thanks in advance

H

Unfortunatley there is not alot more you can do than getting it reguarly serviced.

Cars some times develop problems out of nowhere and it doesnt matter how many miles your car has done, all i can suggest is keep servicing it reguarly and if you notice any different noises or the way the car feels get it checked out as soon as you can.

Unfortunatley there is not alot more you can do than getting it reguarly serviced.

Cars some times develop problems out of nowhere and it doesnt matter how many miles your car has done, all i can suggest is keep servicing it reguarly and if you notice any different noises or the way the car feels get it checked out as soon as you can.

I agree just do routine checks every month or so, checking oil levels etc, :)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club