Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ipod Connection To Sony Stereo

greggp

I have a Focus Titanium – the facelift model 2008 (08 plate) – which has the Sony Stereo fitted (but not the 6-cd changer version)! I really like this stereo it gives good sound and looks smart.

Currently I connect my IPOD to the Sony Unit via 3.5 mm Belkin Cable which fits into the aux connection located in the passenger glove box but in order to keep power charged I also have to connect a separate charger to the IPOD dock to keep IPOD charged whilst playing.

This method does NOT allow me direct control of the IPOD via the stereo head unit – I think the Focus 59-plate onwards now have an ipod dock connection fitted in the centre storage console which you can connect your IPOD for direct control to stereo and which also charges the IPOD.

Do you know if there is anything on the rear of the Sony Unit I have which would allow me to connect a dock lead which would offer me direct IPOD control via the stereo.

On my other car - Fiesta – I fitted a Pioneer head unit myself – I connected an IPOD dock lead to the rear of the stereo which charges IPOD and gives me direct control via head unit – I can then keep the IPOD in the glove box while I drive and control music and scroll playlists etc via head unit.

I don’t really want to have to replace the Sony Unit in my Focus – If not I guess I will have to live with it!

Any help appreciated.

thanks

I have a 10 reg Focus and the port in the centre console is AUX only so there is no control over the ipod. There are Connects2 solutions that tap into the rear of head units if there is a cd changer port evident. Not sure there is one on the standard Sony CD player?

I have just replaced the lot as I needed something with full i-pod control (including charging) and something that provided MP3 CD playback as well as bluetooth. I fitted a JVC KD 811 double din stereo and it looks like it was factory fitted. Hard work tracking down the bits (facia/stalk control) but it was all worth it.

jvcy.jpg

• 2 months later...

I have a 10 reg Focus and the port in the centre console is AUX only so there is no control over the ipod. There are Connects2 solutions that tap into the rear of head units if there is a cd changer port evident. Not sure there is one on the standard Sony CD player?

I have just replaced the lot as I needed something with full i-pod control (including charging) and something that provided MP3 CD playback as well as bluetooth. I fitted a JVC KD 811 double din stereo and it looks like it was factory fitted. Hard work tracking down the bits (facia/stalk control) but it was all worth it.

jvcy.jpg

Where did you find the silver mask (Fascia) that surrounds the head unit. I'm interested because it's specilly for double din head units. Looks awesome.

You can get facia repalcements from www.justkenwood.co.uk, I'm sure i've seen one just like this one on their site.

• 3 weeks later...

jvcy.jpg

I bought the same headunit but I'm wondering how you fitted the unit, what you did to hold it in place. I looked all over the internet but I didn't find any tutorial, maybe you can describe (with pictures) how you installed JVC 2 din unit. I'm sure that many will find this interesting.

Thanks.

from personnal knowledge of installing aftermarket headunits.

1) remove old headunit.

2) undo the screw that holds the silver center console trim (if new radio doesnt fit)

3) fit adaptor facia trim.

4) insert new cage and bend clips to secure.

5) attach iso connector adaptor (received with headunit *sometimes*)

6) attach pc99-x50 and pc99-ken - makes stalk work

7) connect to radio

8) slide unit in

9) done, just change the settings to your personal prefs.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club