Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Galaxy Tdci Starting/running Problem

davell

hi thanks for looking and hope you can help. i have a 56 plate new shape galaxy 2.0 tdci 140. firstly i'd like to be sure that whether the injectors are coded on these models. it has starting problems. once started there is no power and it dies away and sometimes cuts out after a few seconds. if i am able to hold the revs for a short while it soon dies away once i try to pull away. I have removed all injectors and replaced copper washers. I have a small compression leak through the left hand side (no 1 cylinder i think) injector but not enough to cause the power loss. I'm wondering whether its a fuel pressure problem and if so is this more likely to be the fuel pump or maybe a failing regulator/solenoid. Is the reg/solenoid fitted to the common rail. Maybe someone has had the same problem and can offer advice, all of which would be greatly appreciated. I have owned the car from new and its been a great workhorse, its covered almost 170,000 miles. look forward to hearing from anyone. Thanks Dave

• 2 years later...

Hi

Did you ever find out what the problem was?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club