Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Oil Leak - Help

chris1210

Hi guys,

Had my 56 Focus 1.6 TDCI for only a few weeks now, and i've noticed in the past week that once it's parked up it's leaving a few drips of what i assume to be engine oil on the road.

Now, i've been planning to try and take a good look at it tomorrow to see where it's coming from, but i took a few photos of the top of the engine seal tonight to see what you think. I need to really clean this up tomorrow to see if its new oil that is seeping out, or whether it is just existing oil that is being heated up.

Should i have any liquid/oil there at all, what could it indicate? The oil on the ground seems to be coming from the back end of the engine, or at least thats the area of the undertray that it is dripping through.

Engine seems to run just fine, and i've not noticed any noticable drop in engine oil level - so any thoughts or pointers would be grateful, particularly on my photos, as that has me worried!

post-19147-0-92847300-1296808842_thumb.j

post-19147-0-42636500-1296808852_thumb.j

post-19147-0-10942300-1296808861_thumb.j

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club