Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Goodbye Ford Hello Mazda

ford focus edge

Well its been good ... sort of but with a new job starting at vw soon and my commute becoming more crucial its time to change to something a little more reliable, less miles and newer so the fords got to go :( .

Px'd it for a mazda3 2.0 sport on a 56plate with 27,700 on the clock (crap pic on the bottom just snapped it as we walked off). All the mod cons so no need for "can i retro fit this blah blah blah" hopefully it'll be a nice little car to replace the ford. I'll miss the drive of the ford but to me the mazda is more of what i want.

Hopefully picking it up on friday and handing over the keys to my 1st child :unsure: it will be missed i wont be a stranger on here il come on from time to time to wind the selected few up :P thanks for the help over the year or so ive been a member i wish the mazda community had something like this!

post-9491-0-17681300-1296917475_thumb.jp

post-9491-0-28455900-1296917492_thumb.jp

Well at least its got the Ford Focus chassis. Do Ford still own Mazda?

I think ford still have a stake in mazda but not overly sure the 3 and the focus share hundreds of parts though.

Coped of wiki

Amidst the world financial crisis in the fall of 2008, reports emerged that Ford was contemplating a sale of its stake in Mazda as a way of streamlining its asset base.[6] BusinessWeek explained the alliance between Ford and Mazda has been a very successful one, with Mazda saving perhaps $90 million a year in development costs and Ford "several times" that, and that a sale of its stake in Mazda would be a desperate measure.[7] On November 18, 2008, Ford announced that it would be selling a 20% stake in Mazda, bringing its stake to 13.4%, and surrendering control of the company.[8][9] The following day, Mazda announced that, as part of the deal, it was buying back 6.8% of its shares from Ford. It was also reported that Hisakazu Imaki would be stepping down as chief executive, to be replaced by Takashi Yamanouchi.[10]

Well its been good ... sort of but with a new job starting at vw soon and my commute becoming more crucial its time to change to something a little more reliable, less miles and newer so the fords got to go :( .

Px'd it for a mazda3 2.0 sport on a 56plate with 27,700 on the clock (crap pic on the bottom just snapped it as we walked off). All the mod cons so no need for "can i retro fit this blah blah blah" hopefully it'll be a nice little car to replace the ford. I'll miss the drive of the ford but to me the mazda is more of what i want.

Hopefully picking it up on friday and handing over the keys to my 1st child :unsure: it will be missed i wont be a stranger on here il come on from time to time to wind the selected few up :P thanks for the help over the year or so ive been a member i wish the mazda community had something like this!

Nice car. Should be fast being a 2.0. Thaught u would have gone for an Astra though as u have mentioned u liked them in the past.... It will be sad to see u go :D U know alot about cars and have given great advice to many a person on here. I wont be on here much longer myself as i should be getting a Vectra SRI in a few months once ive saved a few more pennies.

Nice car. Should be fast being a 2.0. Thaught u would have gone for an Astra though as u have mentioned u liked them in the past.... It will be sad to see u go :D U know alot about cars and have given great advice to many a person on here. I wont be on here much longer myself as i should be getting a Vectra SRI in a few months once ive saved a few more pennies.

I looked into the astra 1.9cdti sri and found out the engines got tonnes of faults nearly all big money to fix so if your going to get a vectra avoid the 1.9's like plague even still the 1.8's need new timing belts and water pumps every 40k which for me is a big put off 2.2's have there fair share of engine problems to lol sorry if that put you off :P also you might want to take a look at a "design" model there similar to an sri but have alot more kit on and usually cost abit less.

Btw the mazda goes like s**t of a shovel :D

I used to have a 2001 1.8 323F SE with the GTi trim, and Ive got to say it was one of the most reliable cars I have owned. It was quick to, but a fairly hard ride.

Sorry to see you go edge, but it looks like you've got good low mileage motor there. 2.0 nice :D

You'll be bumping into Hawker over on the Mazda forum he bought a 6. he said he would pop in, but the bugger hasn't been about for a bit. Tell him from me, his ears should be burning.

I was just reading this week about the Ford Mazda tie up. Fords share is now down to circa 6% and they will no longer be collaborating development wise wit Mazda. And Mazda announced that they are bring out a new engine. I'll try and remember where I read it if I can.

Oh it was an electric one, in about a year....like any of you lot or me for that matter, will be interested. LINK Also a piece there on the "catch" with the shortly to be released Focus MK3 fuel efficient engine. In that the price premium to go from 38mpg to 40mpg is likely to mean you having to do 100 to 150K miles to pay for the eco option kit premium :blink:

I used to have a 2001 1.8 323F SE with the GTi trim, and Ive got to say it was one of the most reliable cars I have owned. It was quick to, but a fairly hard ride.

The ride in the mazda's is pretty hard this one had a stiffer ride than the astra which was on 18" alloys

Sorry to see you go edge, but it looks like you've got good low mileage motor there. 2.0 nice :D

You'll be bumping into Hawker over on the Mazda forum he bought a 6. he said he would pop in, but the bugger hasn't been about for a bit. Tell him from me, his ears should be burning.

I was just reading this week about the Ford Mazda tie up. Fords share is now down to circa 6% and they will no longer be collaborating development wise wit Mazda. And Mazda announced that they are bring out a new engine. I'll try and remember where I read it if I can.

Oh it was an electric one, in about a year....like any of you lot or me for that matter, will be interested. LINK Also a piece there on the "catch" with the shortly to be released Focus MK3 fuel efficient engine. In that the price premium to go from 38mpg to 40mpg is likely to mean you having to do 100 to 150K miles to pay for the eco option kit premium :blink:

Why have ford sold all the companies though mazda arent doing to bad volvo are up and going seems to me like ford sold off to protect themselves but at the same time shot them selfs in the foot after all the mk2 focus was shared amongst loads of cars so production costs were dirt cheap.

Could that be the reason the mk3 focus will be the same all over the world to keep costs low like before the yanks had different steering and brakes etc now there supposed to be fully interchangeable .... will be fun to see what the mk3 is like. Read a review in CAR mag the other day in the dentist and the reviewer commented "the focus is now above the golf, just but i am still going to be keeping hold of my 13yr old mk1 now time to change that cambelt!" says enough for me lol

Could that be the reason the mk3 focus will be the same all over the world to keep costs low like before the yanks had different steering and brakes etc now there supposed to be fully interchangeable .... will be fun to see what the mk3 is like.

Is it possible this "world car" vision might mean the Focus 1.6 will get disk brakes all round. So it is capable of bringing to a halt a car full of lard @rse yanks :P

Read a review in CAR mag the other day in the dentist and the reviewer commented "the focus is now above the golf

Whilst it is true after the introduction of the Focus, Volkswagen with the Golf were always playing the catch up game. And when they finally manage to trump the Focus with their latest Golf, Ford go and announce the Mk 3. Like you intimate it will be interesting to see who in deed wins the forth coming battle. But to say the Focus will be more appealing to Joe Public than the Golf, well there is more to winning hearts and minds than adding a bit of innovative kit......but that said, I'll certainly be getting one......well after somebody else has swallowed circa 40% of the purchase from new price in devaluation costs :D

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club