Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Mk7 Restored

Fast Fiesta

I think tints would look good, and could definitely use some lowering, maybe look into getting a Zetec S body kit for it? I think mud flaps look pretty cool, and would help keep it cleaner also.

If this is how you feel then maybe look at spending some money on the interior, I think there's plenty of improvements to be made inside

Just keep it subtle, don't get too carried away. Looking nice so far mate

EDIT: Spray exterior plastics

Regarding tints, will it have a drug dealer look going with black wheels, black car, black tints, im not fond of the rozzers pulling me every journey.

And the interior i thought some soft red footwell lights to be on costanlty at night would compliment the red glow from the dash. and i defenitley agree with you less is more when it comes to cars usually and i dont want to go past the point where it starts becoming trashy and irritating, the subtle look is where i want to remain, as far as drastic modifications i wont go much further simply now i just want to enhance and create a sleeker look to the car, have some presence on the road.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Fast Fiesta

• Ryan9684

• MRC89

• MartynS

I was also going to mention the bodykit and tinting for the exterior, and for the interior how about the leather gearknob & handbrake? They look a lot better than the standard ones imo.

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=16187

seen this thread? it shows various kits on a 5dr fiesta, I think it's only the original side skirts that are a problem. There are 5dr skirts available, though you could just skip the skirts all together. Up to you though.

I'd agree with lowering, especially now you got a nice set of alloys

I was also going to mention the bodykit and tinting for the exterior, and for the interior how about the leather gearknob & handbrake? They look a lot better than the standard ones imo.

Good shout, i like the sounds of that, has never occured to me, much nicer to keep clean too :)

has anyone attempted some work on thier interior? I would be up for some inspiration. However i appreciate all the ideas for the car, please do keep them coming as it is valued :D

seen this thread? it shows various kits on a 5dr fiesta, I think it's only the original side skirts that are a problem. There are 5dr skirts available, though you could just skip the skirts all together. Up to you though.

Thanks for the reply, definatley they look loveley, however when the cars lowered i would see how it looks then as it seems to give it a completley different appearance (more aggressive, squatted look) with the car lower to the ground. but i like the idea, will have to give it some thoght, thanks B)

I dont like them sideskirts personally :)

the standard zetec z spoiler will goon your car no problem.

Youve all convinced me lower is the way to go.

Anyone have any experiences of lowering thier fiestas?

I have considered the 50mm and i would hate to scuff or scrape when i fill the car as it is five door, so im not sure if the 35mm kit would be better? i know this would be playing it safe but i would hate it if i commited to 35mm and still wanted it lower? any opinions experiences? thanks guys.

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=19202&st=15

Try this thread, by Ben, he's done lots of interior mods, maybe something will inspire you. :)

other than that just trawl through this site, and maybe google. Good luck!

Thankyou very much for the thread, thats quite extreme but definetley has inspired. i appreciate your help.

my opinion would be that 50mm is too low, i think it looks awkward and i'm not sure how it would effect handling.

I dont like them sideskirts personally :)

the standard zetec z spoiler will goon your car no problem.

I totally agree with you, the skirts do bring the car down a bit, however i would lower it then see if they will fit ok, but definetley i am going to consider the skirts now, youve brought my attention to it :D

And i appreciate your help on the spoiler, it is definetley on my wish list, just needed some confirmation ;)

my opinion would be that 50mm is too low, i think it looks awkward and i'm not sure how it would effect handling.

Thankyou i needed that bit of realistic advice, i was too busy thinking appearances and not the practicality of it, 50mm would probably look awkward on a five door and would be too uncomfy with a filled up car or over rural area, which i live :)

Thanks for the wake up

im lowering my car soon and i'm going to the 35mm lower, i think it looks good and supposedly the car handles better. :)

Thankyou i needed that bit of realistic advice, i was too busy thinking appearances and not the practicality of it, 50mm would probably look awkward on a five door and would be too uncomfy with a filled up car or over rural area, which i live :)

Thanks for the wake up

Most lowered MK7 Fiesta's I've seen have been around the -35mm mark, -35mm looks really nice imo, but you may want to be careful depending how rural the area is you live in.

im lowering my car soon and i'm going to the 35mm lower, i think it looks good and supposedly the car handles better. :)

It does seem to be the popular choice, i think i may go for it, i especially want to get rid of the body roll, the car sticks like glue just the centre of gravity must be a bit high or something, i heard lowering corrects this problem ;)

Most lowered MK7 Fiesta's I've seen have been around the -35mm mark, -35mm looks really nice imo, but you may want to be careful depending how rural the area is you live in.

Thats true, its not as bad as you may expect however id be willing to take it easy around rough roads so shouldnt be a problem, your looks a loveley height i presume maybe its the zs springs, i guess they may be around 30/35mm mark.

Thats true, its not as bad as you may expect however id be willing to take it easy around rough roads so shouldnt be a problem, your looks a loveley height i presume maybe its the zs springs, i guess they may be around 30/35mm mark.

Mines standard actually, the Zetec S runs 10mm lower than the rest of the range anyway. I am looking into lowering her, but I never have any money :(

By the way does anyone have any experiences oppions with air filter/inductions kits.

Are they really worth the money?

Has anyone got the kit designed for the fiesta e.g. using the cold air feed, i believe J1 do a very nice kit, using a heat shield does not make up for the price though.

Any light shed would useful

Mines standard actually, the Zetec S runs 10mm lower than the rest of the range anyway. I am looking into lowering her, but I never have any money :(

Intresting definetlely 50mm would be overkill hearing that and couldnt do any good for the other relating components, and forking out for springs does seem steep, however i am comforted by the price people are willing to pay for coilovers, seems a bit much for me.

I do appreciate all the thoughts and comments coming in and i am happy to answer any questions or thoughts upon any parts to the car.

I do realise the flow of this topic has wavered so i encourage any questions regarding restoration to the fiesta in addition to the upgrades and enhancements of the car currently.

i have the mountune upgrade which uses a k&n panel filter, it seems to work well tho im not sure what it sounds like or anything, i would say you wont get much performance from it on a 1.25 engine but it might make a better sound...

i have the mountune upgrade which uses a k&n panel filter, it seems to work well tho im not sure what it sounds like or anything, i would say you wont get much performance from it on a 1.25 engine but it might make a better sound...

i have looked at these, i am quite jealous of your mountune package :P

however i appreciate the fact performance wont be affected, fortunatley i accept the 1.25 is not a speed demon and the sound and feel of it is important and when i say feel, less restricted, responsive etc.

i think the fact mountune use the filter must say something about it ;)

My ex had the 1.25, compared to other cars i have driven it is very good. You may see some difference in throttle responsiveness with the filter.

My ex had the 1.25, compared to other cars i have driven it is very good. You may see some difference in throttle responsiveness with the filter.

Its always worth a try, i just wasnt sure that the cone filter was the way to go, may try the panel, i like the advantages of never needing a replacement, and supposedley better filtration.

Thanks for your comment.

i must also admit i am quite jealous of your mountune exhaust kit, i bet that makes a lurrvley purr,

i have considered the miltek system, however i dont want to make a pratt of myself (all bark and no bite) and attract the wrong attention.

Its always worth a try, i just wasnt sure that the cone filter was the way to go, may try the panel, i like the advantages of never needing a replacement, and supposedley better filtration.

Thanks for your comment.

i must also admit i am quite jealous of your mountune exhaust kit, i bet that makes a lurrvley purr,

i have considered the miltek system, however i dont want to make a pratt of myself (all bark and no bite) and attract the wrong attention.

The sound is one of the best bits, only had the car from friday so not had a chance to take it on some fast roads but driving around town it sounds great :)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club