Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Fiesta Cranking Issue

Stewie316

Hi

I bought a new Ford Fiesta 1.4 Petrol, back in late February. I've found as of recently that the car starts to crank longer than usual and gives a 2-3 second struggle like a stall sound if it's been sitting for a day or two. It doesn't continue afterwards but wondered if this could become a problem in the near future.

Hi Stewie

My car has covered 17,000 miles and needed a new starter motor two weeks ago.

The whole thing packed up. I was told it had siezed.

They however do not know what is wrong with it because they send the core unit back to ford for refurbishment.

It was fixed free of charge under warrenty and the car has been fine since.

The symptoms were exactly like yours it just got slower and slower to crank and start.

I thought it was the battery that was knackered.

Hope this helps

Jamie

Thanks for your reply Jamie, this morning it didn't do it but i'll leave it parked for the weekend and see how it starts on Monday. I don't ever go far with my Fiesta which makes me wan't to suck it up and get that extra warranty. I'd hate for something to finally give in right after the warranty expires in 7-8 months.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club