Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New 11 Plate Fiesta - Noisy Engine / Exhaust

mbvburn

I bought a brand new fiesta 1.25 zetec a couple of weeks ago and the engine seems a little noisy for a new car. The exhaust is a bit blowy too which I was not expecting. Is this a normal characteristic of the car or should I be taking it back?

I do love the car it's great fun to drive and can't really hear any noise in the cabin, except when the air con Is on and the engjne clicks away.

Also i don't have the zetec badge on the back of the car. I phoned the garage and they said that the new ones don't have the badge. Seems strange?

Would appreciate your thoughts

I bought a brand new fiesta 1.25 zetec a couple of weeks ago and the engine seems a little noisy for a new car. The exhaust is a bit blowy too which I was not expecting. Is this a normal characteristic of the car or should I be taking it back?

Would appreciate your thoughts

The blowing exhaust is a design feature, there is a small hole in the back box to allow for easy draining of water

Thanks R-head. That's a relief

I bought a new 1.25 82PS Fiesta a few months ago. I suspect Ford have slightly tuned the exhaust or intake so it makes a sort of muted "roar" when you open the throttle wide, although the engine is very quiet at other times. When I first heard it I thought the car had been fitted with the wrong engine. It seems unnecessary and a bit daft to me.

Hahaha,you should have bought a Corsa or a Clio than m8,i love the sound of my 1.25,it is the only little car that doesnt sound like a f****** vacuum cleaner.......

I bought a new 1.25 82PS Fiesta a few months ago. I suspect Ford have slightly tuned the exhaust or intake so it makes a sort of muted "roar" when you open the throttle wide, although the engine is very quiet at other times. When I first heard it I thought the car had been fitted with the wrong engine. It seems unnecessary and a bit daft to me.

:D I seriously double-checked my logbook, I thought they had given me a diesel model by accident.

i also bought 1.25 82bhp and thought it sounded like a diesel engine... obv supposed to be that way :-)

i also bought 1.25 82bhp and thought it sounded like a diesel engine... obv supposed to be that way :-)

Obv not driven a dsl for a long time Lol. Don't sound anything like one lol

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club