Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Thudding Noise

Roy1965

Ok guys and gals.

What is this noise on my 06 focus zetec, when i depress the clutch fast in first gear there is a thudding noise when accelerating it also does it in second gear and reverse , don't hear or feel it in 3 4 or 5th gear.

Roy.

Thats weird that it hits every now and then, you say it never occurs in third or fourth? are you sure? are you sure it isnt still there but a lot less noticeable? and does it make this noise when you depress slowly?

I can only think that its the barings causing this noise the harder you hit it, the more work they have to do...

Yes it is there but its hardly noticeable and no it doesn't make the noise when you depress the clutch slowly, its same kind of thing my older 04 focus zetec did as well.

Thats weird that it hits every now and then, you say it never occurs in third or fourth? are you sure? are you sure it isnt still there but a lot less noticeable? and does it make this noise when you depress slowly?

I can only think that its the barings causing this noise the harder you hit it, the more work they have to do...

I wonder if its clutch thrust bearing, but that would be a new clutch assembly...