Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford 3 Button

DAM13N

Hi All

Ford Focus 1.8 TDCI Ghia 2003 52 Plate

I'm Having trouble coding a 3 Button Flip Key into the Immobilisor. I can code it so it unlocks/ locks all doors and the boot however i can not code it to start the car.

i have done what it states to do in the manual. Insert KEY A to position 2 and remove then Insert KEY B to position 2 and remove then Insert The uncoded key in the ignition to position 2.

however nothing happens i cannot start the car,

the key works fine e.g when i split the key so i have just the KEY not the remote and put it in the ignition it turns and starts the car when i put the original key near the immobilsor.

any ideas folks???

Cheers Damien

You need two keys already programed in and present to code in further ones to be able start the car.

You need two keys already programed in and present to code in further ones to be able start the car.

he is very correct you need the master key with the blue square on it and a programmed key otherwise you cant code it youreself and the flip keys look good but they are junk pins that hold the thing together constantly bend

Hi Guys,

I do have the master key present and a standard 3 button remote, i am coding it in the right way however it really doesnt seem to register, i have followed the ford manual direct as anything.

I have previsouly coded a jaguar kay into my zetec before my tdci gear and that worked perfectly..

this just seems a little strange...

cheers for your help thou guys

Damien

Hi Guys,

I do have the master key present and a standard 3 button remote, i am coding it in the right way however it really doesnt seem to register, i have followed the ford manual direct as anything.

I have previsouly coded a jaguar kay into my zetec before my tdci gear and that worked perfectly..

this just seems a little strange...

cheers for your help thou guys

Damien

so you have an original key for the car and the master key as well as you need both to do it is this a jag flip key youre trying to programme it could be you havr the max amount of keys programmed to the car

Is it the correct chip in the new key you are trying to code?

As far as i know even if the car has the max amount of keys programmed to it, if they are not present when you program another they will be excluded anyway..

Hi

I have the Master Key, with the Blue chip on the top and the standard 3 button remote key. I am trying to code a new ford 3 button flip key.

on my previous car a focus 1.6 zetec X reg, i coded a jaguar key 1st into that with out any issues.

The new ford 3 button flip key, is coding with the central locking so i can lock and unlock all of the doors/boot, and use the global function for the windows. it just wont code to immobiliser.

The new ford 3 button flip key was previously used on a ford focus 57 plate i believe, i bought this off eBay complete with the key attachment, however i discarded this and bought a modified "Tibbe" key to fit with the flip.

Any ideas and your help is much appreciated

Damien

Hi

I have the Master Key, with the Blue chip on the top and the standard 3 button remote key. I am trying to code a new ford 3 button flip key.

on my previous car a focus 1.6 zetec X reg, i coded a jaguar key 1st into that with out any issues.

The new ford 3 button flip key, is coding with the central locking so i can lock and unlock all of the doors/boot, and use the global function for the windows. it just wont code to immobiliser.

The new ford 3 button flip key was previously used on a ford focus 57 plate i believe, i bought this off ebay complete with the key attachment, however i discarded this and bought a modified "Tibbe" key to fit with the flip.

Any ideas and your help is much appreciated

Damien

i could be wrong but i remember reading that the chips on the newer kys dont work with the older cars and so wont programme

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club