Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Gearbox Oil Leak

Max_Headroom

I have a 05 fiesta and have noticed a slight oil leak coming from under the black plastic cover that covers the selector shafts and filler plug on the right hand side of the Gearbox.

I have searched the internet and have come across a others who have posted the same question, could the members here tell me if it is a common problem and how much it costs to fix it. (parts and labour)

Does the gearbox have to be removed?

Thanks in advance.

May just need tightening up (allen key behind this plastic cover) or it may be the clutch bleed nipple.

Tbh I haven't seen a Fiesta >5 years old without an oil stain in this area. I wouldn't worry.

• Like 1

Its definitely not the filler plug that has been checked and is tight, i have been told it is most likely to be a selector shaft oil seal that is weeping (apparently a common problem) if it is a common problem someone here must have had the job done and can give me the info.

I don't know of anyone who's ever pursued it personally.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I visited a ford dealership recently and of the 10 fiestas they had 5 were damp in the same place as mine, it is not a leak as in a drip it just seems to seep out slowly.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club