Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus Locks Itself After A Minute Or So

grahamp

I think this may have come up in the past, I searched the forum but didn't get a definitive answer, but hopefully someone knows what the cause is..

So its locking itself after perhaps 45 seconds to a minute if I leave the car standing and unlocked. I almost thought perhaps its a feature and not a fault??

I think this may have come up in the past, I searched the forum but didn't get a definitive answer, but hopefully someone knows what the cause is..

So its locking itself after perhaps 45 seconds to a minute if I leave the car standing and unlocked. I almost thought perhaps its a feature and not a fault??

i persume this is after you have driven or run the engine its happening,

as i know if you unlock the car and dont open the doors it will re-lock its self,

or if you unlock the car and only use the boot compartment it will lock when you close the boot,

nice feature though if it does auto lock itself.

Oh right, so its sposed to do that? I only noticed cos I unlocked it before washing it. Cool, I'll stop worrying about it. Just had a worry that one day I'd get out and it would lock itself with the kids & keys inside!

yep a feature i open and close the door problem solved lol

• Like 1

My Father's Colt does this very same thing, if you leave it unlocked for a minute or so it locks itself. At first I thought it had broken but it is meant to do that. Good idea if you ask me!

Its certainly good, if you walk away from your car, put your keys in the pocket and accidentally unlock the car, then as long as its left untouched its relocked. got the same thing on the cee'd 35 seconds I believe to autolock. I think its becoming a much more modern and standard feature

Oh right, so its sposed to do that? I only noticed cos I unlocked it before washing it. Cool, I'll stop worrying about it. Just had a worry that one day I'd get out and it would lock itself with the kids & keys inside!

I wouldn't rule it out - I didn't see this thread before I started mine on auto-lock earlier - my Focus managed to lock me out with my keys in.

Adam

• 3 years later...

So just to clarify, if I opened the passenger door and the boot, closed both again and left my car without locking, after a period of time would it lock itself or not? Was in a rush and I can't remember if I did or not.

If you unlock it and open a door the car will remain unlocked!

• Like 1

Ive also read that if u leave a key in the car when you lock it or it auto locks the key should be disabled automatically. Not tried it and dont tend to either haha

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club