Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Has Anyone Had The "important Software Updates" Letter From Ford?

mikester

see below:

letterfromford.jpg

My question is....

Is this a case of better the devil you know? for example i love how efficient my engine is now, it has problems especially in stop start traffic, moving at very slow speeds is difficult to control in terms of the clutch. I don't want to have this done and come away with a more well behaved clutch operation but a not as efficient engine and/or some other issue that could be associated into whatever new map is being uploaded.

As for the 29 point check, pah. I'd trust a child more so than the mugs at ford, no offence to the guys who actually take pride in their work but I've had some HORRIFIC experiences with Ford 'technicians', been left hundreds of pounds out of pocket but that's a whole other story which customer relations never reimbursed me for :(

should I go for it or leave it if I'm happy with the car as is?

On a side note I've re-done my grills with some special spray in an attempt to combat the chipping that is inherent whenever you spray your grills... it's a little experiment that I can't really comment on yet as I haven't put enough miles on since. Here's a taster:

b7873e7b.jpg

Let me know guys whoever uses the Heartlands group how you've found the software upgrade if you've had it on your 1.6 derv

Hi

I had one today from Brunel Ford in Bristol. Is this a marketing ploy to get your car into their garage or is it a genuine update from Ford. If it is from Ford then I should be able to choose my nearest Ford garage to do the update.

I've not had any letters regarding updates but I'll be booking in my first year/10,000 mile service in September so will ask if any updates and be applied then.

I take it its nothing exciting like enabling remote control of the windows, just 'under the bonnet' stuff?

P.s car looks good mikester

its just a plug into computer and check you're on the latest map. obviously if you either a) didn't have your car serviced at a garage with access to an IDS system or B) haven't had your car serviced since its birth (very naughty) then you will be running an old map and ford will be very eager to get you updated as the revisions could get your engine running more efficiently equalling less warranty claims for stuff like poor mpg and worse engine faults.

I don't wana come away with a map which may cause poorer fuel efficiency because lets be fair I'm pretty freaking good at getting impressive figures out of this engine, I'm very happy with it apart from the lumpy clutch in heavy motorway traffic.

gah, dunno what to do. Adam you wanna do this for me ;)

P.s car looks good mikester

missed that one.

thanks!

I've just had mine done on Tuesday as i started having some werid stalling problems. While it was at ford, i checked that egis website on the build date. Born Feb 2010 and purchased it Feb 2011. So i was eager to get it checked and updated. I'd recommend getting the update it shouldn't do any harm.

My car has recently been lacking power and Ford updated my ECU (possibly the same update) so now the car is faster, mpg is up and my fuel lasts longer :)

It looks like a marketing ploy to myself. The reason why i say this is because its from a local dealer, not Ford HQ. They are asking you to go back to your local dealer for "important" updates, where as if it were from Ford HQ, it would be worded differnt, and give you a choice of where you want to go.

My bet is, if you took them up on the offer they will try to sell you other stuff.

I bought my car early 2009 and it hasn't een back to the dealer since. I'm guessing there should be some updates for me then?

If your happy with the way your engine is performing then leave it be,the chances are you will come away dissapointed.

I'm currently sat at about 38mpg for town driving, rising to 43+ for motorway. If any updates can improve efficiency, I'm all for itz

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I gave Ford the benefit of the doubt and had my car serviced together with their very generous "Software Update". Guess what--- It didn't need a Software Update ---surprise, surprise!!

Don't fall for this trick to get you into the garage for an expensive service. Be warned.

• Like 1

My cars going into a Ford dealer (not my dealer, a different one where I know I guy in servicing), for its "first year/10,000 mile" service - as its reaching both its first birthday shortly AND has just clocked 10,000 miles.

Its booked in for Friday and when I mentioned these updates to the guy he said they didn't have them and hadn't heard of them.

Reckon I should ask my own dealer to check if my car needs doing next time I pass for the hell of it? ...If theres a chance in can improve effiecency I'm all for it - a few extra mpg's where possible can't be sniffed at by us automatic owners lol.

(I have a 2011 model built & bought late 2010).

Thanks in advance....

Paul :)

P.s if anyone can confirm what these updates actually do then it would be handy to tell my friend. Cheers

I wouldn't imagine Ford will know too much where you bought it, but will know your local dealers and give you a sample like;

Stoneacre York (where bought) 4.4 miles

Lawtons of Tadcaster 11.9 miles

Benfield Leeds 24.8 miles

unless Ford have instructed each dealer to contact fiesta buyers

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club