Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Radio Voice Control

BHeart

Hi

I've had no real issues with the voice control on telephone, cd, external device or radio but this afternoon I tried choosing a radio station that is already tuned and just wanted to see if I could change the station using voice control but I had some issues.

After pressing the "MODE" button, saying RADIO / RADIO - TUNE NAME, the system answers with "DIRECTORY EMPTY"

All my prefered radio stations are tuned in by name and frequency, so I don't understand why the system answers DIRECTORY EMPTY?

Thanks, BHeart

Hi

I've had no real issues with the voice control on telephone, cd, external device or radio but this afternoon I tried choosing a radio station that is already tuned and just wanted to see if I could change the station using voice control but I had some issues.

After pressing the "MODE" button, saying RADIO / RADIO - TUNE NAME, the system answers with "DIRECTORY EMPTY"

All my prefered radio stations are tuned in by name and frequency, so I don't understand why the system answers DIRECTORY EMPTY?

Thanks, BHeart

Have a good read of the owners manual, has a lot on voice control in there.

Oh I didn't know you can say a station name, the few times I've changed radio via voice control (just to show off really) I've said the frequency number.

You can only say a station name after you've stored in it the same way you do a phone number. Is this being confused with saving the station as a preset from 1-10?

You can only say a station name after you've stored in it the same way you do a phone number. Is this being confused with saving the station as a preset from 1-10?

Can't say I've ever saved a station as a preset either - the stations I listen to were already on the 1-10 presets when I got it.

But anyway, back to voice control - so rather than saying PHONE, STORE NAME.... you say RADIO, STORE.. station???? :-s

you have to spend a good bit of time on it to program it to recognise what each station is, as someone said above, the same as you can do with phones, i am sure it will be in the manual, i haven't looked or tried as of yet, i seem to remember the frequency for all stations i use (very little of the time)

For those interested.

Tune to the radio station that you want to store.

Press Voice

Say Radio

Say Store Name

Say what you want to store it as e.g. "radio 1'.

Ask you to confirm.

Car will say stored.

Then in future say Radio, Tune Name, Say the name you programmed.

Hope that helps.

Anthony

PS, Unsure if this will also work with DAB as I don't have it in my model.

Excellent, I now have radio 1 (for the Chris moyles show in the morning) and capital and metro stored. :-D

Cheers guys

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club