Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Help!

PaulWez

anyone any knowledge or info on how to dewiper the rear of the mk7 fiesta?! any help would be greatly appreciated :)

• Like 1

Hiya Buddy!!

ive done it, my only problem is the grommet afterward, mine doesnt fit as i would like, perhaps i havent found the perfect one, but i must be honest the hole you are left with is an odd shape to say the least, any help on that for me would be appreciated :)

However back on with helping you;

* open up your boot,- the plastic underneath the window which holds your parcel shelf up (on the inside of the car) is removable.

* Remove screws and remove parcel shelf from thier anchor points,

* Remove plastic- be gentle and work it away slowly from an edge which seems like it may come away easier, they are clips (which will pop and bang)-dont worry.

* the motor will be exposed, -close your boot, the wiper has a cover at the base, flip up the cover and loosen nut.

* open the boot, and begin to remove nuts holding the motor- 3 nuts to remove.

* remove the motor and the wiper, the wiper may need some persuaion :) (you will find a wire attached to the motor this will simply unclip- tuck this away and if required cable tie or anchor in preffered method),-the motor and wiper will come apart as two seperate items.

* you will be left with a large hole, i have used two grommets (one inner and one visible to the eye- and i hope another fiesta owner would like to advise a better method to make this a better job), however i used a kit from halfrauds which contained an assortment of grommets, be careful when applying the grommets as they are easily pushed through.

*replace plastic cover, replace screws, replace parcel shelf strings back to thier anchor points.

Hope i was of some help :)

Surely the neatest way to cover up the hole would be to have it filled and smoothed with fibreglass?

Surely the neatest way to cover up the hole would be to have it filled and smoothed with fibreglass?

Yes your right!!

thats what i thought- maybe a plastic weld, then smooth, then paint, however this is a very expensive option. i was wondering if anyone had decent pics of thier grommets and or better options (cost effective) to making it look a decent job of dewipering. :)

you don't want it as a permanent solution as when you come to sell or when it's winter you can't just put the wiper back on. a grommet is the best way, if you can get one flat enough you could hardly see it when painted up :)

• 1 year later...

Hi Fast Fiesta,

Loving the guide.

I have bought a 24mm grommet for the exterior, what size of grommet do you put on the inside?

Cheers

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club