Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1.4 Tdci Remapping???

Danny Simms

I have recently brought a 2005 Fiesta 1.4TDCi and am loving every minute except the lack of power.

I am thinking of remapping it at a place near me, there website is http://www.more-bhp.com/

I was wondering whether anyone has had their fiesta remapped and how reliable it is and also what type of results i can expect. Is it really as good as they say power wise??

Thanks to anyone who replies to this thread.

• 1 year later...

Hi Danny,

This is Amiya, I am from Bangalore India.

I have a Ford Fiesta 1.4 tdci.

The engine specs are : 68ps@4000 rpm and 160 Nm@2000rpm.

I guess you too have the same Fiesta.

Even I find its engine a bit lame and we have to constantly keep changing gears to keep it moving.

I got its ECU remapped recently by the Tune-O-Tronics team. I did a lot of research and nowadays almost all the Fiesta owners go for a ECU remap here in India.

You will have to find similar experts there near your place and get it done.

The tuners will give you two options, one, which would increase your engine torque and bhp to a decent level. This will be strictly under safe limits and it will not cause much wear and tear to your engine components. Most of the owners go for this tune.

The new and safe engine specs are 88bhp@4000 rpm and 195 Nm@2000 rpm.

I too advise you to go for this. It depends lot on the tuner as to how good he is so that he tunes the other components in the ECU too to get the best configuration/map.

The other will be a powerized tune which will run your car on its peak Engine capacity. This would cause more wear and tear and you will have to frequently get it serviced.

I have done almost 500 kms after the tune and enjoying every bit of it. Now I cannot drive a stock 1.4 tdci at all.

I know owners who have now run almost 7000kms and have not experienced any issue till date.

-Amiya

Celtic Tuning who can come to you, offer 97bhp and 210Nm of torque which isn't bad at all.

• 3 years later...

Can you get a dump valve for these? Cheers.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

17 hours ago, dandaman09 said:

Can you get a dump valve for these? Cheers.

You can't fit a dump valve to a diesel - the engine doesn't make any vacuum to actuate it plus there isn't a throttle body for the incoming air to bounce off so are pointless anyway.

What can you do with them then?

11 hours ago, dandaman09 said:

What can you do with them then?

With the 1.4 TDCi engine - remap, intake, exhaust, new clutch, the power output of a fully modded 1.4 TDCi will be inline with a stock 1.6 TDCi so its not really worth doing much with them. I however do have an induction kit on mine and it runs so much better as the stock airbox is restrictive, just be aware that any mods done to the car you will need to notify your insurance company.

Personally I would just upgrade to an induction kit, give everything a good service and concentrate on a few other things if you are wanting to mod the car, such as colour coding, LEDs, upgraded Speakers etc.

Okay then cool and yeah I know about the insurance etc I've been driving for 10 years lol and I know a lot about cars and done a lot with cars but I have had to downgrade for now due to baby etc lol so I've gone from a BMW which was just of 400 bhp to a 1.4tdci Peugeot engine lol

7 hours ago, dandaman09 said:

Okay then cool and yeah I know about the insurance etc I've been driving for 10 years lol and I know a lot about cars and done a lot with cars but I have had to downgrade for now due to baby etc lol so I've gone from a BMW which was just of 400 bhp to a 1.4tdci Peugeot engine lol

Yeah ive been driving for just over 11 years, I do a lot of motorway miles to get to and from work, the Fiesta has been good, although not as good on fuel as my Clio 1.5 dci (80), but the TDCi has been more reliable so far even at 120k miles. I would look to get rid of the airbox and fit an induction kit, it really does free up a lot of throttle response and can be quite nippy when it needs to be.

Where do you get all your parts from and can you really recommend some sites cheers

On 9/24/2016 at 2:29 PM, dandaman09 said:

Where do you get all your parts from and can you really recommend some sites cheers

I just got a basic induction kit + 3" CAI pipe from eBay, didn't cost much, the MAF is 60mm and there is usually an adapter to change it to 3" included, it just fits under the bonnet (owing to the large fuel filter in the way) but it does fit.

• 2 years later...

Hi I wonder if anybody can help, I have a 2009 fiesta 1.4 tdi style + A few days ago I noticed a rattle from the front passenger side of the car when I drove over uneven roads. I have removed the wheel and checked and can not find anything at fault when the car is not moving there is no rattle no leaks and all the gaiters are ok. I have driven my car today and the noise sounds like 2 spanners knocking together or a rattle note nothing on the drivers side only the passenger side and not all the time. The car is totally normal to drive. Hope someone can help.

Paul 

• 8 months later...
On 3/4/2019 at 6:38 PM, Paul63 said:

Hi I wonder if anybody can help, I have a 2009 fiesta 1.4 tdi style + A few days ago I noticed a rattle from the front passenger side of the car when I drove over uneven roads. I have removed the wheel and checked and can not find anything at fault when the car is not moving there is no rattle no leaks and all the gaiters are ok. I have driven my car today and the noise sounds like 2 spanners knocking together or a rattle note nothing on the drivers side only the passenger side and not all the time. The car is totally normal to drive. Hope someone can help.

Paul 

Could be a slack in the belt

• 6 months later...

check top strut mount under bonnet also check anti roll bar links

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club