Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Quick Clear Windscreen Button Sticking.

binka

Just picked up a 3yo Fusion from local dealership and first morning went to use this button to clear the windscreen but it was like it was pushed too far in and stuck. The back windscreen button works fine. Tried pressing it loads and nothing. So rang garage back and its going to be fixed next week.

Then yesterday I got in the car and noticed that the button had pinged out by itself as it was flush with the back windscreen one. I turned it on and off several times and it worked fine.

Then today I thought I'd try it again, pushed it in and it stuck down. Then I couldn't switch it off for ages. Then I got it off but was unable to get it working again. Then it pinged out and was fine again.

If I get to the garage next week and its in a fine mood will they still look at it as something doesn't seem right.

Just picked up a 3yo Fusion from local dealership and first morning went to use this button to clear the windscreen but it was like it was pushed too far in and stuck. The back windscreen button works fine. Tried pressing it loads and nothing. So rang garage back and its going to be fixed next week.

Then yesterday I got in the car and noticed that the button had pinged out by itself as it was flush with the back windscreen one. I turned it on and off several times and it worked fine.

Then today I thought I'd try it again, pushed it in and it stuck down. Then I couldn't switch it off for ages. Then I got it off but was unable to get it working again. Then it pinged out and was fine again.

If I get to the garage next week and its in a fine mood will they still look at it as something doesn't seem right.

id reckon if you could leave it in the stuck positionmate would help your case,

but on the other hand it may be a known fault with that type of switch, also anew switch isint high value item not something that you would benefit greatlyfrom on a resale or try to spoof ford in to giving you a new one for free, ifit was a gear box or battery that was being intermittent I would worry more

so i wouldn’t worry, im sure they will fix it either way in or out

Yes, trying to get it to be stuck when I get it there would be good but then if they give it one press and it pings out they'll look at me like I'm being stupid. :D And it would be just my luck that would happen.

Hopefully like you say as its a cheap item they'll just change it. Thanks. I hate dealing with garages!

Yes, trying to get it to be stuck when I get it there would be good but then if they give it one press and it pings out they'll look at me like I'm being stupid. :D And it would be just my luck that would happen.

Hopefully like you say as its a cheap item they'll just change it. Thanks. I hate dealing with garages!

no prob mate, i hate the garages too or as ther also known as The Stealers :lol:

the forum is great though,

Binka,

Just tell them you want the switch replaced...this is a known problem on the series 2 dashboard (in fiestas as well as the Fusion) The problem is that it relies on the 'springyness'(for want of a better word) of the rubber insert behind the plastic push button....this wears with age, but more importantly it is affected by quite minor changes in temperature too....I think a new switch is around £30 new, and can be found very cheap on e-bay too.... but as you have just bought the car I would be inclined to insist on a new switch.....at least being supplied....easy to fit yourself if need be. The following link is an example of what is available.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-FIESTA-MK6-7-HEATED-FRONT-AND-REAR-SCREEN-SWITCH-/160685596559?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2

hope this helps

Pete L

Binka,

Just tell them you want the switch replaced...this is a known problem on the series 2 dashboard (in fiestas as well as the Fusion) The problem is that it relies on the 'springyness'(for want of a better word) of the rubber insert behind the plastic push button....this wears with age, but more importantly it is affected by quite minor changes in temperature too....I think a new switch is around £30 new, and can be found very cheap on e-bay too.... but as you have just bought the car I would be inclined to insist on a new switch.....at least being supplied....easy to fit yourself if need be. The following link is an example of what is available.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-FIESTA-MK6-7-HEATED-FRONT-AND-REAR-SCREEN-SWITCH-/160685596559?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2

hope this helps

Pete L

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club