Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Lowering The Focus?

AlanW

My new Focus isn't due till the end of February, but I'm looking in the Ford catalogue at the dealer fit options...... :D

I am quite keen on the lowering kit to go with the 18" alloys, but not sure if its worth the cost or not?

Any thoughts?

the factory fit eibachs you mean??

I know many people who have fitted these and loved them...

Depends how low you want to go, I believe the Eibachs are -30mm

the factory fit eibachs you mean??

I know many people who have fitted these and loved them...

Depends how low you want to go, I believe the Eibachs are -30mm

the eibachs are good but it depends where you live the lowered foci will easily rip the bumper if you park facing a kerb and youve got to watch for speed humps and bumps.

from having lowered cars in the past youre gauranteed at some point to damage either the front or rear bumper on something, i tend to leave them standard height now my mk2 just clears kerbs as it is my courtesy new foci is even worse, i find myself getting out to see if ill clear the kerb especially with the expensive active grill, damage that and im sure there will be a large bill

especially with the expensive active grill, damage that and im sure there will be a large bill

Yeah i bet!! Is it to do with fuel consumption or something???

the eibachs are good but it depends where you live the lowered foci will easily rip the bumper if you park facing a kerb and youve got to watch for speed humps and bumps.

Good point, and one to bear in mind. That said I have been running my ST Mondeo for five years which I understood came with lower than standard suspension, but I cannot recall how much lower?

So I guess it all depends how much the OE fit suspension lowers it on the Focus?

I agree the eibachs are 30n I believe and endorsed by ford perhaps what they use on the st.if you live in an area with decent roads and not many speed humps then its ure cash if u want it go for it personaly I got fed up repairing mine and painting it. Bear in mind also that bumper sits quite low heavy snow and u could be ploughing the road with the bumper lol

I agree the eibachs are 30n I believe and endorsed by ford perhaps what they use on the st.if you live in an area with decent roads and not many speed humps then its ure cash if u want it go for it personaly I got fed up repairing mine and painting it. Bear in mind also that bumper sits quite low heavy snow and u could be ploughing the road with the bumper lol

Yes Eibach pro springs are 30mm.

Only had one wee accident with them since fitted pulled in too close to a kerb and it scratched the underside of my front bumper!

Bring on the deep snow lol :rolleyes:

the mondeo ST sat 15mm lower for the diesel i think, and 30 for the petrol... or so ive been told in the past... not sure if thats right, i would have thought they would have been the same personally

the mondeo ST sat 15mm lower for the diesel i think, and 30 for the petrol... or so ive been told in the past... not sure if thats right, i would have thought they would have been the same personally

I seem to think that correct, but as you also say you would have thought that they would have both been the same?

From a practical point of view, I think that lowering my Focus by 30mm will only end in tears, for the exact same reasons that others have already detailed.

I've run my ST Mondeo for five years and have never had any issues at all with grounding out, even fully loaded with SWMBO, the two kids, bikes and camping gear or perhaps I have been lucky.

If I did go down the lowering route, then it would only be by a maximum of 15mm, then of course you would have to question if it was worth the effort and cost wouldn't you?

Ive measurd it against my courtesy focus which is the latest one 30mm would be okay just have to watch for kerbs with the front bumper and the plastic undertray and the rear suspension bar scraping bumps there the only issues I can see is that really but saying that it wont look much lower so its down to cost and taste

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club