Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus Modifications Advice Wanted/needed

salsheikh

Guys,

I want some input. I wanna modify my Focus and am looking at the RS bonnet/bumpers. Now should I get the RS bonnet or should I get stick on RS vents? Also, I want to get the RS front and rear bumpers or should I get the ST-3 bumpers instead?

What potential issues will I face?

Guys,

I want some input. I wanna modify my Focus and am looking at the RS bonnet/bumpers. Now should I get the RS bonnet or should I get stick on RS vents? Also, I want to get the RS front and rear bumpers or should I get the ST-3 bumpers instead?

What potential issues will I face?

Hi Mate,

fitting the RS bumpers will require the wider arches on your focus whice means you need to purchase the wide arch panels for all four sides the two front and the 2 rear panels.

here is a link to the rear panels mateClick Here

or for the full kit its £1,995 Click Here

fitting the ST bumpers you will need the ST front side panels but not for the side skirts they will be fine because the ST side skirts are the same ones for the Zetec S

but the front panel is wider on the ST and requires the wider side panels to meet the lines in the body

also nice duplex exhaust system for either option Click Here

this type is designed to fit the mk2 and mk2.5 focus with the spare tyre well

and gives the same apperance as the ST and RS duplex system

Lenny, thanks for the info. I didnt realise the ST would have a wider front too. are links to where i can get hold of the wider panels?

so i cake it there is no way the bumper wold fit without the wider panel? shame that.

cant do the rear panels as mines a 4 door...

and doesnt have any sideskirts fitted either.

btw, i have ordered the heater controls after reading your guide. gives it a look of class and is so much better than the original switches.

Lenny, thanks for the info. I didnt realise the ST would have a wider front too. are links to where i can get hold of the wider panels?

so i cake it there is no way the bumper wold fit without the wider panel? shame that.

cant do the rear panels as mines a 4 door...

and doesnt have any sideskirts fitted either.

btw, i have ordered the heater controls after reading your guide. gives it a look of class and is so much better than the original switches.

Thanks for the comment on the climate controls mate, they are a very nice modification.

the RS side panels are not possible on the 5 door mate, the only other option that may work would be to chop the rs bumpers in the middle and rejoin them to pull the sides in closer although this would effect the curves for the duplex exhaust system, if you look at pictures of the rs on google or eBay ones for dale you will see the flared arches and wider body.

also the st body only requires the front arches if you plan to fit the front bumper because the curve on the side panels bulge out at the front to meet the st bumper shape

but the bottom side skirt section is the same as your current ones in size just the front of the arch gets fatter,

two options on these mate you could email this breaker for a price Click Here

i bought a few bits from him as im fitting the ST Gauge Pod to my 1.6TDCI at the momment although the focus he is breaking is a 2006 the newer model may have a different shape fender im unsure mate,

but they are slightly wider than the standard ones.

ah buggers. looks like it may be a job too big for me. i really dont wanna mess up the look and look like one of them barry boys

why oh why did they have to make it difficult for us blue oval badge followers.

may just to leave it with some alloys and a backbox then :angry:

ah buggers. looks like it may be a job too big for me. i really dont wanna mess up the look and look like one of them barry boys

why oh why did they have to make it difficult for us blue oval badge followers.

may just to leave it with some alloys and a backbox then :angry:

to make it look that way youde be better buying the st why not buy an aftermarket bumper front rear and skirts if you want a sportier look or scour fleabay

i was hoping that the bumpers would be a straight swap like you get on other models/brands.

as its a bit of a mission i have a few ides up my sleeve but first i need to get some 18" alloys to replace the 16" ones the car came with.

have you considered getting the 'zetec S' kit... looks much better than the standard focus and i think its a straight swap (correct me if im wrong).

is thats your car is? does look nice although mine looks similar to Lenny's at present (minus the chrome trim on the lower grill).

• Like 1

I believe it is a straight fit too... As you can get it as an option...

Youd need, front grille, Lower Bumper Skirt, Rear Diffuser and Side Skirts... Though i think the skirts are the same as the ST...

off topic question but how do you PM on here? do i need to be a paid member?

• Like 1

have you considered getting the 'zetec S' kit... looks much better than the standard focus and i think its a straight swap (correct me if im wrong).

Yes its a direct fit on to the existing panels mate,

ive got the kit up my attic, front lip rear lip and st side skirts.

already have the ST Rear spoiler fitted, hope to get the rest of the kit sprayed and fitted by july of next year and have the focus back on the road for the same time frame

off topic question but how do you PM on here? do i need to be a paid member?

If you click on the little envelope icon under the persons avator picture

it will open a box for you to write the PM message in to B)