Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Rear Badge

greggp

Just noticed today when closing my boot that behind the badge there is a black rubber seal and it looks like it has come loose as is protruding from around the badge but not equally all the way round. Anyone else had this problem? Too dark now but will have a proper look tomorrow! Not sure if u can remove the badge or not dont really want to have to!

Just noticed today when closing my boot that behind the badge there is a black rubber seal and it looks like it has come loose as is protruding from around the badge but not equally all the way round. Anyone else had this problem? Too dark now but will have a proper look tomorrow! Not sure if u can remove the badge or not dont really want to have to!

Hi greggp if you take a look at my guide i did for fitting a rear light behind the badge HERE , you will see that there is no rubber seal behind the badge on a mk2.5 the badge is actually stuck to the boot lid handle , so not sure what might be lurking behind yours , but the boot lid section is pretty easy to get off if you want to explore it

Thanks preee.

Will take a look tomorrow.

Would u happen to know when the boot panel is removed can you access the number plate lights also? Need to replace one of the housings as i damaged it when changing bulb last week.

Cheers

Gregg.

Thanks preee.

Will take a look tomorrow.

Would u happen to know when the boot panel is removed can you access the number plate lights also? Need to replace one of the housings as i damaged it when changing bulb last week.

Cheers

Gregg.

yes you can Greg , the Double sided Sticky that Ford use to hold down the badge is very strong , if its a bit of that sticking out be very carefull trying to remove it as the badge is only about 1mm thick and can easily bend

All done! Nice and simple to remove boot panel and chrome badge strip. Turned out to be a piece of the black seal had come loose behind chrome strip.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club