Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Alarm De-Activated

David Bavester

I parked my 59 plate 1.6 petrol titanium,outside my home on wed night,alarm and double locks engaged,next morning car was open,no forced entry, but items stolen from car,key fobs are 45feet away from car,but police and ford dont know how it was done,anybody else had problems with key fobs not being recognised by the car???

Are you sure your vehicle actually locked i.e. saw the lights flash. I'm thinking along the lines of a signal blocker that thieves use to block the signal from key to car.

Its an idea and it does happen although rarely

Are you sure your vehicle actually locked i.e. saw the lights flash. I'm thinking along the lines of a signal blocker that thieves use to block the signal from key to car.

Its an idea and it does happen although rarely

Ive heard of this being done, but as said very rarely...

Its not possible they broke into your house and stole your keys or your spare keys is it?

How interesting...

Now, i do know that there was an issue with some range rover immobilisers, that WiFi signals would keep the immobiliser box awake and drain the battery, They released a new box and fixed this issue... However i doubt that this is the same thing.

I used to think that similar happened with my old focus, as i'm sure that would lock the car at night then the car be open in the morning... But i always put it down to me being tired after work and forgetting.

I wonder if its possible that there is someone else's keyfob with similar signals... Maybe you should take it back to ford and get them to reprogram the lock and alarm unit with a different code. This was done after my dad's car was stolen and the theives kept the keys...

Basically your car is hooked up to ford's computerised security system, the PATS system is then wiped of its settings and new ones uploaded.

Sounds like a signal block to me, happens more than people realise.

They just sit around in cars with a multi frequency white noise generator that blocks and learns radio signals - RCL keys, garage openers, Wi-Fi, bluetooth etc.

Anything created by man can be defeated by man.

just checked car again after setting alarm and locks at 1700,alarm was off and doors unlocked,had problems with car not recognising keyless fobs,wonder if software fault

So stoney... maybe we need to go back to manual locking and unlocking eh...

Sounds like a signal block to me, happens more than people realise.

They just sit around in cars with a multi frequency white noise generator that blocks and learns radio signals - RCL keys, garage openers, Wi-Fi, bluetooth etc.

Anything created by man can be defeated by man.

Silly question but you aren't storing a spare key in the car?

That can stop the car unlocking for safety reasons.

I know with my car that if i leave a spare key in the boot then it will not lock.

Had the key in my jacket and threw it in there at work, confused me until i figured it out.

sadly not,as spare fob is hung up next to main fob at least 30 feet away from car, also i check car after double lock and its locked,but today i went out 2 hrs later and car was unlocked again

Sounds more and more like someone elses car has the same signal as yours as TDCiST suggested. Sounds like a trip to the dealer

Myself and Stoney have suggested the signal block. But a thief wouldnt keep doing this repeatly would they they'd do it once steal whatever and get out of there wouldnt they???

have you found this happens in other areas at different times??

that would then eliminate afew of the options... oviously if it only happens at about 6 outside your house, it could be someones has a key with similar signals like the others suggested. say they get home from work look their car which is unlocking yours.... is there anyone one your road with the same car or just a fod you could ask to check if their key effects your car??

it could be someones has a key with similar signals like the others suggested. say they get home from work look their car which is unlocking yours....

I'm affraid this is not the case. Simple reason - if car is unlocked but no doors are open it will lock the doors after some time. So even if someone has key with similar signal and by accident ulocks the car it does not answer the question - why car remains unlocked and does not lock back?

I'm affraid this is not the case. Simple reason - if car is unlocked but no doors are open it will lock the doors after some time. So even if someone has key with similar signal and by accident ulocks the car it does not answer the question - why car remains unlocked and does not lock back?

Good Point. Its looking like a dealer trip to me

Good point Pidu

Have you tried locking it and then sitting for a while and watching it ?

have you tried locking it with the Key to see if it still happens?

good thinking batman lol i dont suppose it could have anything to do with battery connectivity, could be worth checking the connections. make sure the battery and fuse box are not wet, as i have heard afew issues regarding the washer jets allowing water to leak into the engine bay??

just an idea...

• 1 month later...

A few months ago I locked my Mondeo with the remote key, only to hear the Ford parked next to me unlock. Scary!

• 1 year later...

I have an experience to share with you guys. Once I was in a remote place, my signal in my phone got jammed, i thought the problem would be with my service provider. After coming back home i gave black and blues to my customer care highlighting my issue. They pleaded me saying that the problem is not with them. Then i browsed through the search engine regarding my issue, i got a remedy for my cell phone, there i came to know the problem called signal jamming that is experienced in most cell phones. They have a product called cell phone jammers could be very useful to get rid of these problems. Check out the details here cell phone jammer and hope this information would be beneficial. Hope that u would pass this information to all your friends, so that they too would benefited, Stay safe, Cheers

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club