Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Little Tdci Mk7 Vs Bmw 530D = Win For Fiesta (Post Your Experiences With 'oh I'm God' Drivers Here!)

b1g_dav3

We all know of those German car drivers who feel as though they own the road and that all other users of the road are ants/worms, today being one example that just needs some recognition for our little Fiesta's (not even the quickest one, either). Now admittedly, the BMW was a twerp, but still a win!

Anyway decided this could be a little space for us Ford users to kick back and laugh at some of these fails (as well as other cars too, not just limited to the typical German lot).

So my little story, in a place called Heywood there's a Morrison's off a one way street, and on the street there's a bus lane and a crossing, well I'd stopped at the crossing (light was on green but there was only a little space to move up which was the width of the crossing so I'd have blocked it had it gone on red) for people to cross, when this bright spark in his BMW pulled into the bus lane and past my front end, so naturally it's time for me and the comrades (the line of traffic that waits like it should) to all inch forward blocking him, which he didn't like so much, and because he couldn't get past me, when the road widened for the roundabout pulled along side and tried going round me, with his window down swearing and what-have-you, so rather than be nice and let him in, I forced him across into the bus stop (there's a pavement in between the bus stop part and the road, so he had to follow the stop round) where he then in all his rage, revved the thing half to death, only to stall like a twit. Mr. Angry BMW then decided to speed round the bus stop and practically into the side of me, to land on his breaks and stall yet again so this was my cue to make a speedy exit before the prat slams into my car at some point, with him catching up and being 3 inches from my bumper I decide to do something I rarely do and floor it round the corner, instantly leaving him for dust (it's a very narrow corner so he was probably scared :P) and off I went, poor BMW couldn't stay with me and then went down the road for my girlfriends and he missed the turn :P. So I think it's a win for the little Fiesta on this occasion really, from a rather idiotic driver who I'm sure just wanted to explain how sorry he was for causing any inconvenience, and who couldn't use a clutch.

Now it is pretty rare I go all out, in fact in this car it's the first time (and I took ownership in September) so don't think I go doing this regularly, although I have had 2 track days with her :P.

Just a word of warning though, Fiesta's are pretty tail happy, I have the Zetec S and I can't say it was a pleasant experience being inches from a curb and have it sliding around, but nonetheless, win for the Fez :P

So, what are your story's? :P

yes! fiesta's are very tail happy especially if you do scandinavian flicks :) due to less sophisticated rear suspension (i.e not full independant multlink blah blah blah of the focus and up...) also with drums on the back the esp cant work half as well as i would if it had rear disks, ive had loads of races with cars with 5 times the power 5 times the price etc in our old fiesta mk6.5 and in the mk7 and they could always beat them in the bends, whether thats got any thing to do with my driving being significantly better than anyone else's or the cars mechanical grip i wont ever know ;) but the focus is even better than the fiestas on the twisty stuff you can really get some speed up around the bends, i have ashamed a old shape golf r32 and a toyota celica gt4 around the bends in the focus with its mitchelin hp primacy tyres, also the focus smooths out mid corner ridges and bumps better aswell it doesnt seem to lift of the ground as much probally due to the 1450 kg wieght lol :) just to add these driving days are over for me at the age of 21 next month, ive really settled down and actually drive slower than my dad now comfort and refinement all the way for me haha :)

Ah, defensive driving.

You must line your brain cells up one at a time, rather than use them all at once.

I can remember some years ago sitting at the lights in Upminster when some plank pulls up next to me looking for a burn up across the junction.

He was revving the nuts of his 3 series and I was only driving a Mk 1 Focus 1.6LX. So I looked at him and smiled. The lights changed and I could hear his tyres spinning up and the rev limiter kicking in, just as I indicated left and toodled around the corner with the satisfaction of knowing there was a police car just up the road out of site. I had seen it a little earlier on the way into the town.

Had an incident tonight where I cruised slowly past a car at lights that just changed and he decided to zip up to me to try get my attention for a race.

He was driving an old 51 plate faded salmon coloured Corsa with a blowing 4inch wide exhaust......

200yards of dropping gears and revving at me he soon realised I really wasn't interested.

I remember leaving a BMW X5 for dust in my 1.8 mk1 focus. he was really trying to go for it, i just thought "shouldn't have bought something so heavy".

but i still maintain that fast is only fun in the bends and never on ice/water. cant wait for the summer

I remember once a BMW that was bullying on the motorway and he got right up the back of a young girl from my University course and she had to move over into the slow lane as if she had required to brake she would definitely have been rear ended he then did it to the next car and I thought "what a pillock" so I overtook him and he was not happy he then got up my backside (I was doing 70 in the fast lane and there were cars in all 3 lanes when he realised he wasnt going to bully me he moved for an undertake but didnt have room to get back in front of me I then slowed down and held him in the middle lane and he started weaving until the police pulled him over (Police I had noticed behind us earlier on) I hope he got in a lot of trouble for the way he was driving people like that need teaching that they do not own the roads.

I later found out that this was the car of a tutor at University (noticed it on Campus with a staff parking permit on it) not a tutor on my course that I know of. University lecturers really shouldve been providing a better example.

Oh and as for the tail happyness I think its something to do with the type of rear suspension as my new clio is much the same.

Had a bus at the weekend almost take the entire drivers side of my car whilst sitting at a set of red traffic lights as he tried to squeeze past into the filter lane to the right to turn into the bus station! Being a couple of inches away from the car and my heart almost stopping, i blasted on the horn as he kept on going he eventually stopped! :mellow:

My poor cars had so many close calls because of other drivers stupidity! Touch wood nothing does ever happen!

But on the topic of BMWs, i noticed this in the paper today ^_^ ...

photo.jpg

I had a taxi tailgating me just before Christmas, not out of the ordinary but it was what happened as a result of his tailgating which stays in my mind.

Anyway, it was a massive people carrier, I think it was a VW Transporter 7-seater. In any case much bigger and wider than my little Fiesta. So we're in town and I'm doing 30, that's the limit and there was traffic in places so no point bombing it along as you just need to stop and waste fuel accelerating again.

So he's tailgating me for a good mile or so, the speed limit is 30 and there's kids coming out of school. It would be stupid going faster, but this taxi driver wanted me to. I don't like tailgaiting at all, but I just carried on ignoring him and letting him sit a few feet off my bumber. The road seperated into two lanes before some traffic lights, one is for left and straight on the other is for turning right. He was going into the same lane as me. Being a small car I went through a gap between the kerb and another car - for my little Fiesta there was ample room. But this taxi was concentrating so hard on intimidating me, he went through the gap assuming there was space because I went though. I heard something smash and I looked into my mirror, I thought it was me! But this taxi behind had just smashed the mirror off the car in the right hand lane, and thankfully just as I was looking in my mirror I saw him try to avoid the other cars mirror (too late anyway) and mount up the kerb with a nice big crunch!

The lights still hadn't changed so I jumped out and offered to give a witness statement, but the 6+ foot tattoo'd bodybuilder who jumped out the car to speak with the taxi driver wasn't bothered about a statement for the police.... Next time Mr. Taxi Driver might be more careful, and learn the size of his car when up against a little Fiesta. There's no competition in town traffic!

Had a bus at the weekend almost take the entire drivers side of my car whilst sitting at a set of red traffic lights as he tried to squeeze past into the filter lane to the right to turn into the bus station! Being a couple of inches away from the car and my heart almost stopping, i blasted on the horn as he kept on going he eventually stopped! :mellow:

My poor cars had so many close calls because of other drivers stupidity! Touch wood nothing does ever happen!

But on the topic of BMWs, i noticed this in the paper today ^_^ ...

photo.jpg

quite a few fords in that list too ;)

Strangely no standard Focus.

We must all be upstanding courteous drivers. B) :blink:

Did anyone notice that all the cars mentioned in the paper are diesels? I'd imagine that's because it's more affordable to go faster in a diesel.

Also Mondeo Titanium X + S-Max Titanium making up 39%!? I don't know what it's like where you live, but they're not overly common in sunny Wales.

This one happened a couple of weeks back. I was coming around a large, laned roundabout, 3 lanes on the roundabout, 2 lanes on my exit road. So I'm in the outside lane doing about 30, and then accelerating casually up to 50 MPH (limit on the exit road) just after I exit the roundabout a BMW M3 (E46) comes screaming up my inside and tries to undertake me, but there's a car in that lane that I was halfway through overtaking, I'd suggest he was doing in excess of 80 MPH, the car in front was only doing ~40 MPH, I had to slam on my brakes as he tried to squeeze through the gap that was there as I was overtaking the slower car. He was very lucky to not hit the elderly lady driving that other car, I could see what was happening quick enough to react, but it was still very uncomfortable. As if that wasn't enough he continues speeding along this narrow laned road, weaving through traffic and only just braking for the major motorway roundabout junction. After that he sped over the roundabout and up the motorway slip road, I could see in the distance he was gaining on cars that were doing about 70 as if they were moving backwards, still weaving between lanes. I saw a police car speed up there by the time I reached the roundabout, which I think had just come off the motorway. All of this and it was wet, dark, and in the evening rush hour.

When he was along side me, he didn't appear to be bleeding to death or anything, he was smirking.

Hope he got what he deserved.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club