Sign in to follow this  
lodav2011

What The Hell!

what the hell where ford thinking when the made the head lights for the fiesta iv had a side light bulb go and would like to replace them for led ones and so iv read online the hole head light has to come out as the cap is on the bottom to gain access to the bulbs! anyone got any tips as i dont really want to take all that off just to get at the bulbs it should be a 5 min job at the most not a 2 hour and possibly brake some thing doing it job!!!

You're correct, the whole unit needs to come out.

There's a full guide here: http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/12391-guide-mk7-fiesta-bulb-change/

p.s: don't do it on a cold day as the plastic clips that hold the unit in place can get brittle, and even snap if you're not careful.

First time might take you 15-20 minutes to take it out, but after a few times it's a 5 minute job.

Just think yourself lucky you dont own a Porshe Boxter you need to remove a wheel and then the wheel arch liner, not easy, mind a Renault Megane isnt much easier

It's not uncommon these days. A few of my recent cars have required the headlight out to change a bulb.

Best designed was my Volvo V50 - you just pulled out a single metal pin and the unit came out - altough the sheer number of times you need to change them on a Volvo I'm not surprised they made it easy!