Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Thinking Of Buying A 1.4 Petrol Titanium 2011 Fiesta

Jasthegooner

Hi, I have been reading the forums now for the past couple of weeks, gaining valuable information on both Fiesta's and Focus's.

Just got back from test driving a 1.4 petrol Titanium Fiesta, White with red/grey or black interior. 2011 with 5500 miles on the clock.

Im torn between petrol and diesel as the driving the car will mostly do is on dual carriageway and motorway.

Im not going to get in to the comparisons with what I drive currently as this will be a 2nd car mostly used by the wife, and is essentially going to be a car used to ferry my son to Football around the country next season.

I didn't think the car was too bad to drive I must admit, but would love peoples opinions on the 1.4 petrol version. Any issues to be aware of etc etc. Or if you drive the diesel version your thoughts on that model would be greatly received!

Thanking you in advance.

i have a 2009 1.4 titanium and tbh i think its crap on fuel £50 to fill up and only 300 miles i know its down to driving style i do drive quite hard at times so me and my other half done a test i use a full tank and then so would she as i said i got 300 miles and she got around 330 miles i for ever seem to be putting fuel in the thing had a 1.2 fiat 500 before and it makes the fiesta look like its got a fuel leak its that bad on fuel...

Hi I was in the same dilemma a few weeks ago, I had no preference so I did my maths and compared what the running cost would be over 12 months, As I only do about 6k a year ----- The diesel = £1000 more to buy / 10p a ltr more / servicing costs more, It worked out only a few quid in it, So went for 1.4 petrol,

If I did a lot more miles I would probably went for the diesel.

I have had both petrol and diesel Mk 7 Fiestas. I would say that the diesel (especially the 1.6 TDCI that I had) is the best option. especially for longer journeys. I got 50 - 60 mpg on short journeys and its pulling power was most impressive. Diesel noise and vibration was never a problem. I changed to a 1.4 petrol simply to get auto transmission and my own personal ideal would have been the diesel with an auto box which isn't available. True the petrol is very smooth and quiet but not particularly good on fuel. In this cold weather I have only been getting about 33 mpg.

<15,000 miles per year - The petrol will usually be the cheaper option overall (incl. OTR price, tax, MPG, servicing, etc).

15,000+ miles per year - The diesel becomes cheaper.

If you're going to be doing mainly motorway miles though, the 1.6 diesel will be more suitable, and may be worth paying that bit extra for.

Here's some official statistics for the different engines/models to help you decide. http://www.carpages.co.uk/guide/ford/ford-fiesta-guide.asp

I have had both petrol and diesel Mk 7 Fiestas. I would say that the diesel (especially the 1.6 TDCI that I had) is the best option. especially for longer journeys. I got 50 - 60 mpg on short journeys and its pulling power was most impressive. Diesel noise and vibration was never a problem. I changed to a 1.4 petrol simply to get auto transmission and my own personal ideal would have been the diesel with an auto box which isn't available. True the petrol is very smooth and quiet but not particularly good on fuel. In this cold weather I have only been getting about 33 mpg.

Do you think your only getting 33mpg because you have the auto transmission?

Do you think your only getting 33mpg because you have the auto transmission?

My poor mpg is caused by two major factors;

1. Yes, partly because it is an auto, especially as it is of the 'conventional' epicyclic type with a fluid flywheel or torque converter. Ford elected to use this type of auto on the Fiesta presumably because it is well proven and quite smooth but loses out on mpg because of the fluid flywhheel.

2. I usually make very short jouneys therefore the engine never reaches normal operating temperature.

I have probably got the worst of both worlds as far as mpg is concerned. This makes me drive quite 'light footed' most of the time ! In the summer on a longish run it will do 38/39mpg. I am not complaining under the circumstances.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club