Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Coolant Leak

rattyc5

morning, got a leak, only a slow one when i have been on 20 mile trip to work. caught some in a tray and its pink( coolant) have heard there is a common problem with thermostat/housing.is it easy to fit either or both and where exactly are they on the mk1 tdci engine? is a thermostat housing expensive? had nothing but problems with this car since i,ve had it.

cheers ray

nobody had this problem then?! took intercooler off today to get to thermostat housing and there is a leak.not sure if housing is knackered or just an oring. with my luck its the housing which is £98 plus vat from ford. does anyone know of somewhere which i could buy a cheaper housing if thats the problem.gonna check tomorrow as i think i need to put car on ramps cause bottom engine cover needs to come off to get to radiator plug to drain coolant. please feel free to correct me if i am wrong. why do i always get a pig in a poke?lol(and three out of the 4 were fords)

If its the plastic type housing you would be better changing the whole thing as it tends to warp after a period of time. They are expensive, but have a look on eBay as you may find a proper Ford one on their a bit cheaper.

i had the same thing with mine, it is a plastic type housing i replaced the thermostat today but got supplied one which had some type of ball bearing on, wrong thermostat bcoz gasket was wrong (2hole) took this off and bunged it in, new coolant no leaks so far but be carefull with bolts dont overtighten

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club