Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk1 To Mk2.5

dexter666

Is it worth me spending five grandish and selling my mk1 1.6 petrol(with a dead instrument cluster) for a mk2.5 1.6 petrol.Thinking 08.plate opinions please.Is the mk2.5 with it's hydro-electric steering any better than mk1

Is it worth me spending five grandish and selling my mk1 1.6 petrol(with a dead instrument cluster) for a mk2.5 1.6 petrol.Thinking 08.plate opinions please.Is the mk2.5 with it's hydro-electric steering any better than mk1

i cant compare the mk1 to the mk2.5 because ive never driven a mk1 mate, but the mk2.5 is just a mk2 with a different body on it, perticuraly the 2008 model because the dash wasnt changed until 2009,

personally if your current focus is still good, id hold on to it untill the proce of the mk2.5 comes down a bit, unless you have some cash burning a hole in your pocket, its not worth paying back a loan for it.

i cant compare the mk1 to the mk2.5 because ive never driven a mk1 mate, but the mk2.5 is just a mk2 with a different body on it, perticuraly the 2008 model because the dash wasnt changed until 2009,

personally if your current focus is still good, id hold on to it untill the proce of the mk2.5 comes down a bit, unless you have some cash burning a hole in your pocket, its not worth paying back a loan for it.

I don’t think there is any difference in the dash on all the Mk 2.5s, (Late 2008 - 2011) the only difference on all Focus 2.5 dashboards is down to the trim level and radio fitted from the Style model to the Titanium model, I don’t think the year will make any difference. But a newer car should be better than an old car depending on which trim level you choose, you will also have a more efficient engine and more toys to play with.

I've driven many Ford's over the years, in my personal life as well as apart of my living (part time delivery driver for Hertz & Avis over the past 20 years) .

I had a mint MK1 2001 Focus 2.0i Ghia, it really was a comfortable car., but yet sporty in feel. I now have move onto the Mk2.5 2010 Focus 2.0 TDCi Titanium with Titanium S pack. I feel that the steering on the Mk1 was much more direct than in later cars, and the ride is more sporty in general than later cars ones without sports suspension. No matter what version you they are all miles better to drive than anything VW produces no matter what badge it might wear, be it Audi, Skoda, Seat or VW itself.

Personally I wished I had been able to hold onto my Mk 1 & had the Mk 2.5 as well! my Dad still has a Mk 1 Estate, it does NOT feel like a older generation car.

What I am trying to say, if your Mk1 is sound every other way than the faulty dash... which I know is a problem with them. Get it sorted and save your money for later. If there is other issues with the MK1, then you cant go wrong with the Mk2/2.5 as a replacement.

Certainly in my opinion the Focus is miles better in everyway to a ponderous handling, hard seated ball aching VW!

I really loved my Mk1.5 , and was sad to see it go , but i love my Mk2.5 more.

It just feels that it has prgressed in the right direction from the Mk1/1.5

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club