Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Guide For Focus Mk2/mk2.5 C-Max/kuga ~Elm 327 Cable And Ff2 Program

Preee

And if it works I will keep it to myself!!

Noooo.. I will have a photo and update my car log.

Mine updated fine, phew 25 minutes a long time!! :huh:

However, my friends keeps crashing and now he can't drive car or anything just has the indicator lights flashing on dash??

Any suggestions please????

Thanks,

Nitemare ;)

when it crash and what it displays?

any screenshots?

ELMConfig needs to be an active window (so not in background!) during all flashing process - I suggest to temporary disable screensaver, antivirus and any power saving modes in laptops (I also disabled wi-fi with mechanica switch on a side of laptop).

ELMConfig can easily flash even crash dash, so don't worry - your friend needs just one good try

Yes, disable screen saver,antivirus,and do it it on mains power to be sure.....takes 26 minutes. Go and have a cup of tea :)

UPDATE:

All sorted for him, PHEW!!! Had to diasble internet (wireless) connection on his laptop too!!!!

Thanks all for such quick informative responses.... Cheers!!! He's a happy boy now!!!

Nitemare ;)

The firmware update only erases and writes the data on the flash memory of the instrument cluster. The PATS data is stored in the EEPROM of the instrument cluster. the EEPROM remains untouched during the update. So after the update the PATS doesn't need reprogramming.

I have fault code 9681 which I googled and it comes up as 9681 PATS Transceiver Signal Is Not Received (Not Connected, Damaged, or Wiring)

Do I have to reprogram PATS? and how do I do it?

edit: I've cleared the code, lets see if it comes back

Yes, it possible but not with ELMConfig. It's necessary to total reprogram door module. You can contact with DarkLeo on ffclub.ru, he is the author of a new firmware for DCU with auto-fold option.

any body done this ?or know where can get the soft ware. cant read the site lol

John use Google Chrome it will translate it better for you than I.E and Bing.

ill give it a go cheers paul

i

Isnt it about time that elmconfig etc etc ff2 etc be created for the Current Focus.

I have waited for ages.

Jamie

i

Isnt it about time that elmconfig etc etc ff2 etc be created for the Current Focus.

I have waited for ages.

Jamie

Have you thought James that the people who create these wonder full Programs might not own a Mk3 so have no way of fully testing it , also the Mk3 interface is completely different so it may not be as easy as it sounds.

There is a program that has been found a few pages back on this thread , but they will not translate and they make the connectors which they will not ship abroad.I downloaded the program but sure as hell ain't going to try it with out knowing if they are using the same ELM327.

Dont start getting cross mr pree lol :-) :)

Nothing in life is easy.

:D

I should have chosen cruise control etc etc etc. its all my fault. lol :ph34r:

Jamie :ph34r:

just trying it cant find owt ?

I'm not cross James ;) , i too wish there was a program out there and in time there will be or maybe someone will find out what the cable is they are using and what modification it needs.

The Programs Covers Fiesta Focus Mk2/2.5 ,Mk3 , Mondeo , Cmax Smax Etc.Very comprehensive program called ADS

The Programs Covers Fiesta Focus Mk2/2.5 ,Mk3 , Mondeo , Cmax Smax Etc.Very comprehensive program called ADS

you got a link mate.cant find it

more than that loads

mrmetallica , what do you mean....; Until the ELM327 received, i try to find out all the possible features that can be enable in my car (C-MAX 1.6 trend)

Until now only the autolock and instant fuel are 99% sure that can be enable.May be the double lock if isn't required extra lock equipement.....

Do you know any other feature ;

Thanks

mrmetallica , what do you mean....; Until the ELM327 received, i try to find out all the possible features that can be enable in my car (C-MAX 1.6 trend)

Until now only the autolock and instant fuel are 99% sure that can be enable.May be the double lock if isn't required extra lock equipement.....

Do you know any other feature ;

Thanks

sorry mate thought you had a focus .not sure on c max

Dont think current focus is as easy to make changes to... even if somebody wrote software.. because I was under the assumption that the current focus is like the mondeo, it uses Central Car Configuration.

which involves something along the lines of uploading a bootloader to the car before you can do anything else.

aahhh its in Russian .any one got it in english

Lol that's the problem ,it needs a page by page graphic translation , pretty sure it won't make any difference as they only supply their modified OBD2 cable in Russia , the question of translation and Cable has already been asked , they said no to both , that's their right to do so as it's their software.

But it does look like a clever bit of software.

does anybody have latest ElmConfig?

the download link is dead.

Lol that's the problem ,it needs a page by page graphic translation , pretty sure it won't make any difference as they only supply their modified OBD2 cable in Russia , the question of translation and Cable has already been asked , they said no to both , that's their right to do so as it's their software.

But it does look like a clever bit of software.

is their a way of doing that ?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club