Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Engine Malfunction? Mk7 16 Tdci Fez

Jack7

Alright folks, was hoping someone can help me with a problem im having!

Wad driving today & suddenly felt a loss of power, orange light with exclamation mark appeared & in the screen it read "Engine malfunction service now" but the car was just serviced 3,000 miles ago (dec2011) i have a 2009 mk7 1.6 diesel fez.

All help appreciated im quite worried :(

Hi Jack 7

The cog with the explanation mark flashing is the PCM light,eventually your car will go into limp mode,the problem you have is your EGR valve which is located under the fuel filter housing on the right side of the engine if the car eventually fails to start take the ait box of then remove the fuel filter housing to gain access to 4 wire plug on egr once un-plugged the car will start but you will need to purchase a new egr valve these are £150 + vat from Ford then you will need a code reader to put the engine management light out.

Thanks for the reply, fraid im not very mechanically minded so wouldnt be brave enough to attempt it myself. So what is it you actually think is wrong with it? It just happened all of a sudden, i stopped resrarted the engine & its gone off. Who knows if & when itll come back on :/

Hi Jack

I hate to give anyone bad news but it will come back on and you will loose power,you need to get a local garage to fit a new egr valve it will be a lot cheaper than a main agent,unfortunately this is a common fault with newer fords like the Tdci

the PCM light can come on for a number of reasons, rather than presume it is the EGR valve, get it on a diagnostics machine to find out the fault code(s) and go from there

the PCM light can come on for a number of reasons, rather than presume it is the EGR valve, get it on a diagnostics machine to find out the fault code(s) and go from there

Does it need to be ford that check that or a can a local garage do it? :) are the other possible problens as bad as the egr valve? :/

Thanks!

any good garage should have a ford IDS (diagnostics) fault code reader. they will probably charge you labour for the diagnostics, and quote you on the issue. pay the labour for the diags and then decide whether to attempt the fix yourself or get a garage (not necessarily the same one that did the diags) to do it. that would be my port of call

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club