Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fuel Nozzle Size Detector

fiesta808

Hi Everyone,

Just joined. Last week or the week before I was due to go to Cornwall from East Yorkshire and with the potential fuel strike bought a Black diesel container and filled it with 5 litres of diesel.

Well made it to Cornwall and back and didn’t have any need to panic buy and garages had a ready available supply. Tonight I thought I would decanter the fuel from the container into the tank . Some of you may be ahead of me here ! . As the car has fuel nozzle size detector and therefore the fuel filler (hinge ? ) wouldn’t open with the flexi nozzle of the fuel container ! Can this be over ridden or is my neighbour going to get some free diesel ! It also made me think If I ever needed to carry some on the odd occasion, how would I use it ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards 808

There should be a funnel in your boot (under carpet with the tyre inflator kit/spare wheel)

most ford cars have a small adapter nozzle supplied which allows filling from a can, the nozzle fits into the filler spout and then you can pour in the fuel, look around in the boot to see if you have one

Thanks Guys,

will go and have a look now.

Regards 808

PS all sorted, thanks once again !

hmmm i wanna see whats under my boot now lol

• 2 months later...

Thanks mintalkin woundered how I could put nozzel cleaner in fuel tank. I found the adapter you said with the tool kit thanks again.

Sceptre366

I had to pin my funnel down was rolling around the spare wheel hollow like crazy!

Ive got one been in tye glove box since new no need to be in the boot.aslong as fuel is wiped off

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club