Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Vibrating Wing Mirror On Fiesta Titanium

nightmair23

Hi all,

So for weeks I have been wondering what was vibrating on the inside of my Fiesta Titanium 2010 as it has been driving me nuts. It doesn't happen all the time, only when driving over slightly uneven ground/bumps etc. :unsure:

Sounded so much like the window making a noise which does also happen in my car when the window is open (annoying common fault on these model apparently). However after a lot of padding out different sections of the door frame/pockets etc, I managed to find the cause of the problem. The noise is actually on the outside and is the wing mirror, where the mirror section vibrates somehow as if its not fully clipped on or something - very strange. I tested this as the noise was apparent when I closed the passenger door (as the vibration passed through making a noise), but if I applied pressure on the mirror then closed the door, it didnt make the noise.

I have tried using bits of black foam to pad out the sides but doesnt solve the problem - not to mention it looks fairly obvious. <_<

Anyway, my question is.. does anyone have instructions on how to remove the mirror and check out whats going on? I cant really see how it is connected on.

Any help/pictures or even solutions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club