Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Modding A 1.6L Ti-Vct Duratec Focus?

ic0der

Hi,

I own a 2012 Focus Sedan 1.6L Ti-VCT Duratec (tiptronic automatic transmission). Since in Asia we only have the European model.

I would like to mod it and give it some boost and sound. That being said, do you guys know any Exhaust System, Intakes, could work with this model? Most American websites are not sure if any mod parts would fit into the 1.6L since they don't have this model.

I'm looking for your suggestions and hear from everyone who modded the same model.

Note: Costumed Made mods are always freak me out. Since I'm not sure how good our workshops are with Focus!

Hi,

I own a 2012 Focus Sedan 1.6L Ti-VCT Duratec (tiptronic automatic transmission). Since in Asia we only have the European model.

I would like to mod it and give it some boost and sound. That being said, do you guys know any Exhaust System, Intakes, could work with this model? Most American websites are not sure if any mod parts would fit into the 1.6L since they don't have this model.

I'm looking for your suggestions and hear from everyone who modded the same model.

Note: Costumed Made mods are always freak me out. Since I'm not sure how good our workshops are with Focus!

Hi and welcome to the forum,

european-parts specalise on the ford focus, mondeo and the fiesta, they are based in germany but will send their items worldwide,

they stock and sell some performance and appearance parts specific for the mk3 focus including duplex exhaust systems and led tail lights etc.

here is a link to their site,

http://www.european-parts.net/catalog/index.php?cPath=141&osCsid=91a74447a4eb2eab984ee6b48f756031

other websites are

Mounture Performance

http://www.mountunestore.com/Browse/MountunePerformance

and

PumaSpeed

http://www.pumaspeed.co.uk/Focus

but they currently dont manufacture and performance parts for the mk3 focus but they are most definately in the pipe line,

the vvt is not like a standard engine its set up very specifically and tuning them isnt as easy as it sounds induction kits for the fiesta 1.7vvt are available which is the same engine and fits there are a few exhausts out there but they must be for the vvt if they are not they throw up the engine management light other than that if you want it to run dont fettle about with it the engine uses high pressure oil to advance or !Removed! the ignition timing and this is done based on a lot of info from the ecu fettle with the wrong thing and you have problems pumaspeed have the only kits that are approved by ford http://www.pumaspeed.co.uk/car-Fiesta-Mk7-Zetec-STi-VCT_1_11.jsp

I have a 1.6 Ti-VCT Focus, and I have fitted a Pipercross Viper induction kit and a Milltek sport exhaust and I have had no problems :D which are not sold specfically for the Ti-VCT engine only the standard.

an enclosed system or one for the car is fine as is the exhaust thats it you cant mess with the cams even with the above you want a tune up as well in the end a lot of money for little gains

you could whack on an induction kit but if its not enclosed youll gain noise yet lose power without havin a remap the exhaust and induction do little to the car

an enclosed system or one for the car is fine as is the exhaust thats it you cant mess with the cams even with the above you want a tune up as well in the end a lot of money for little gains

you could whack on an induction kit but if its not enclosed youll gain noise yet lose power without havin a remap the exhaust and induction do little to the car

induction kit and intercooler bring more air in and the performance exhaust helps it expell quicker

but as said above,

without a remap to get the fuel levels up to match the air for an equal mix theirs isint much gains,

Thanks guys for all your replies! much appreciated.

artscot79, why you keep calling it vvt? instead of Ti-VCT. You're totally correct. I've read that this engine is totally different than others. This explains why it's rare to find mods for it. (maybe)

I've gotten in touch with PumpedSpeed, 3 days ago, asking them about my model. The VP of the company told me that they are thinking to make an exhaust kit for 1.6L Echo boost which it would fit after some transforming, on 1.6L Ti-VCT Duratec. They may start working on it 2-3 months from now. Let's hope they will!

the vvt is not like a standard engine its set up very specifically and tuning them isnt as easy as it sounds induction kits for the fiesta 1.7vvt are available which is the same engine and fits there are a few exhausts out there but they must be for the vvt if they are not they throw up the engine management light other than that if you want it to run dont fettle about with it the engine uses high pressure oil to advance or !Removed! the ignition timing and this is done based on a lot of info from the ecu fettle with the wrong thing and you have problems pumaspeed have the only kits that are approved by ford http://www.pumaspeed...Ti-VCT_1_11.jsp

Lenny, I would only start thinking about ECU/remap when an Exhaust system especially released for my car model.

Update: how about SCT? I have contacted them They will start making one for 1.6L soon.

induction kit and intercooler bring more air in and the performance exhaust helps it expell quicker

but as said above,

without a remap to get the fuel levels up to match the air for an equal mix theirs isint much gains,

ti vct uses variable valve timing vvt same idea just ford using a different name.

the 1.7 ti vct intake works as its a k and n filter that sits in the airbox and has a larger bore induction hose i have it and its fine.

the ti vct is a forgotten car in the tuners market very limited after market parts pretty much anything other than a filter and exhaust needs professionals to set it up

I understand.

Could you post a link for the intake? I don't see any 1.7L on k&n website.

I've been in touch with European-Parts the whole day.

They reached to a conclusion that The Wagon LHD Bosi Exhaust will fit for my sedan. Bastuck won't fit since it's for Hatch, therefore the exhaust tips would be too short for my Sedan.

What's your reply guys?

UPDATE: artscot79 - I think there isn't a SCT chip-tuning yet for 2012 right?

ti vct uses variable valve timing vvt same idea just ford using a different name.

the 1.7 ti vct intake works as its a k and n filter that sits in the airbox and has a larger bore induction hose i have it and its fine.

the ti vct is a forgotten car in the tuners market very limited after market parts pretty much anything other than a filter and exhaust needs professionals to set it up

the intake is in the link above for pumaspeed

Hi guys,

I have contacted Mountune before about a Focus Mk2 1.6 Ti VCT upgrade. There response was they don't do one, but they also said the cam shafts from the fiesta kit will fit the focus exactly (same engine) the reason they don't do one is cost of manufacturing the exhaust manifold and system as not enough people will buy them and the remap will be different so more cost.

If you have the money then a set of these http://www.pumaspeed...Ti-VCT_1008.jsp installed properly and a remap, aftermarket exhaust system like this http://www.bastuck.d...0&hg2=500050050 and a hi flow filter then you may end up (if tuned properly) with something along the lines of this http://www.mountunep...=199&Itemid=113 perfomance wise

mr155_output_curves.jpg

at a cost of nearly £ 2000 its really not worth it you wont get those figures as the fiesta has a different stock output the cams will fit but without the exhaust the remap and intake all done at once i wouldnt recommend it

Exactly what I thought when I asked them, best to save up for the mk3 1.6 ecoboost 180ps :D

Much better use of money

I might invest in new cams and a remap. Cheers for the info :D

Okay mate, let us know how you get on if you go for it :) I may decide on modding mine if I decide to keep it a few years

How about if I just bought the car? :)

Thank you for sharing this info. The Bastuck Exhaust won't fit on my Sedan. Because it's for the hatch. However, European-parts.net recommend me to get a Bosi system built for Wagon LHD model. Which they say, it will fit on my sedan perfectly.( Your take?)

For the remapping part, I'm not sure if it's possible to remap the new 2012 yet. Not even sure if I will find a company/workshop to do it for my focus unless SCT released something for it. Focus is rare here in my country. very rare!!!

Exactly what I thought when I asked them, best to save up for the mk3 1.6 ecoboost 180ps :D

Much better use of money

the tivct is becoming more popular as its a standard power plant now so modding stuff will pick up eventually

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club